IGNORED

watmmistory

Guest tht tne

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you seem lonely :(

i'm not lonely at all, but i know this thread isn't gonna work out because everyone old is in ltm forum now... however,

the new members are hungrier than i've ever known watmmers to be before, it used to be effortless... they'll pounce

rawr

2005 -

2006 -

2007 -

2008 -

2009 - :emb: hi

2010 - :cool: swag

Yes.... I feel like I took some part in that video as I was the one who upset you by claiming that "the lean mean fat-reducing grilling machine" was funnier. Even though it didn't even make sense!

I'm pretty sure the hemorrhoids reference was about me.

Guest Franklin

You know how some old people go on and on and on about how shit used to be? And you know how once in a while there's an old feller who just doesn't say anything about the long past? Sometimes I wonder about the difference btw these folks. And I also wonder which one I'll be when I'm an ancient man, if one does indeed become one or the other.

The last 11ish years on here has been interesting for the most part. I don't think it's fair to say that this part or that part was better because I've changed so damn much. I was basically a child when I joined, with more time and adrenalin than I care to remember. But they do feel like the golden years, the late 90's and early 00's, the late teens and early 20s. Everything seemed funnier though for sure. Except the "black periods", which were the server downtimes. That's what I referred to them as anyway.

Every 6 months or so there's a thread about how shit it's gotten. But then something will come along and raise spirits. New members are almost always shitty at the start but some end up being pretty decent after a while and blend in with us oldies.

Sometimes I also wonder if we're all going to still be posting here in another 10 years. I can't imagine reading fred's big 4-0 thread, Encey's I-got-tenure thread, or Assym's I'm officially a grandfather thread.

I hate this thread as I'm feeling old and nostalgic/future nostalgic? what's the term for that?

Archived