IGNORED

what has ever been your nerdiest hobby?

Guest tht tne

Guest tht tne

from age 11 or 12 to now--with hiatuses in between--i've kept a pretend record label in a computerized text document

i make up track title album titles band lineups and special guests and record reviews, all of my own imaginary music

since i've actually started making music i use a lot of the titles and someday this hobby may become a real netlabel

i stopped for a while because i heard a band making exactly the music i had been hearing in my mind very awesome

so what i'm asking is what has ever been your nerdiest hobby one that you work on that people might not understand

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scrambled Ears

this...i started up again recently because i dont give a fuck anymore what people think and find painting miniatures to be relaxing but i really think tabletop gamers are probably the most annoying people on the planet and am torn on whether or not i want to play the game for this reason...

yeah tabletop gamers are really annoying, and smell like cheese from 2 rooms away.

i used to paint 40k figures when i was in jr high, i loved that shit. even posted on a 40k forum (my first forum ever) and wrote backstories ("fluff") for my armies. good times. hated playing the game though.

Well in 1998/99 I spent a year making Duke nukem levels, for like 5-10 hour per day.

Otherwise I played different computer games for half my life and I've spent thousands of hours on that and I think that is pretty fucking nerdy (also pretty useless for me)

Guest Scrambled Ears

the lore is definitely quality but ya the fanbase surrounding it is probably the worst on the planet (save maybe star wars or idm)

Guest Dirty Protest

D20. From LotR to 40k to Star Wars.

I'm participating in one of your threads tht. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!

I found Star Wars too hard to write for. Its OK if you set up small stories in the universe, but once you bring in Imperials the only way to keep it real is to have them in legions, that pretty much meant dead players.

Runequest was my favourite, I like percentiles. Theres mine =)

yep. painted warhammer miniatures for many hours in middle school. never played the game, just had fun painting, but I was never any good tho. pokemon trading cards was pretty bad, but that was in 2nd grade so it was excusable I think.

Guest Dirty Protest

Im spending my Saturday night sitting in listening to Chomsky debates and lectures. My 16yo self would kick my arse.

Guest tht tne

Im spending my Saturday night sitting in listening to Chomsky debates and lectures. My 16yo self would kick my arse.

but your older, more enlightened self will thank you... i have no problem learning on a saturday night

Well in 1998/99 I spent a year making Duke nukem levels, for like 5-10 hour per day.

This.. I had the book and everything.

Archived