IGNORED

Demdike Stare - Voices of Dust

Via Resident Advisor

Demdike Stare will release their next LP, Voices of Dust, this November on Modern Love.

Since their debut album in 2009, the Lancastrian duo have churned out a steady stream of sinister left-field electronic music. So far this year they've released two records on Modern Love and self-released a pair of bootleg mixes, Industrial Desert and Osmosis. Voices of Dust will mark the final chapter in a trilogy of releases, following Forest of Evil and Liberation Through Hearing.

Like much of Demdike Stare's work to date, the new record is a bleak and often challenging affair that floats between ambient, techno, dub and broken beat. It was cut at Berlin's esteemed Dubplates & Mastering, and will see a "strictly limited" vinyl pressing. For anyone who can't get their hands on it this time around, Voices of Dust and its two predecessors will be compiled on Triptych, a three-disc package slated for release in December.

Tracklist

01. Black Sun

02. Hashshashin Chant

03. Repository Of Light

04. Of Decay & Shadows

05. Rain & Shame

06. Desert Ascetic

07. Viento de Levante

08. Leptonic Matter

09. A Tale of Sand

Modern Love will release Voices of Dust on November 29th, 2010.

Via Resident Advisor

Demdike Stare will release their next LP, Voices of Dust, this November on Modern Love.

Since their debut album in 2009, the Lancastrian duo have churned out a steady stream of sinister left-field electronic music. So far this year they've released two records on Modern Love and self-released a pair of bootleg mixes, Industrial Desert and Osmosis. Voices of Dust will mark the final chapter in a trilogy of releases, following Forest of Evil and Liberation Through Hearing.

Like much of Demdike Stare's work to date, the new record is a bleak and often challenging affair that floats between ambient, techno, dub and broken beat. It was cut at Berlin's esteemed Dubplates & Mastering, and will see a "strictly limited" vinyl pressing. For anyone who can't get their hands on it this time around, Voices of Dust and its two predecessors will be compiled on Triptych, a three-disc package slated for release in December.

Tracklist

01. Black Sun

02. Hashshashin Chant

03. Repository Of Light

04. Of Decay & Shadows

05. Rain & Shame

06. Desert Ascetic

07. Viento de Levante

08. Leptonic Matter

09. A Tale of Sand

Modern Love will release Voices of Dust on November 29th, 2010.

Excellent, their releases have been getting better and better. Waiting for the Industrial Desert CD to turn up in the post, hope it's somewhere near as good as Osmosis.

Excellent, their releases have been getting better and better. Waiting for the Industrial Desert CD to turn up in the post, hope it's somewhere near as good as Osmosis.

Let me know what you think of the new mix, wasn't sure if I should deal with the exchange rate and order a copy, I'm sure it's probably worth it...

Happy they are doing the 3cd compilation as we hoped! I think I'll stick with just having a copy of Liberation Through Hearing on wax and hold out for the comp...

Let me know what you think of the new mix, wasn't sure if I should deal with the exchange rate and order a copy, I'm sure it's probably worth it...

Happy they are doing the 3cd compilation as we hoped! I think I'll stick with just having a copy of Liberation Through Hearing on wax and hold out for the comp...

Will do my man, it's a bugger about the exchange rate as over here it's dirt cheap even with postage. And I couldn't make out if the 3 disc version is going to be a repressing of the three vinyls or 3 CDs (or more likely I didn't read the article properly)? If it is CD I'll be well happy and be picking that up.

Will do my man, it's a bugger about the exchange rate as over here it's dirt cheap even with postage. And I couldn't make out if the 3 disc version is going to be a repressing of the three vinyls or 3 CDs (or more likely I didn't read the article properly)? If it is CD I'll be well happy and be picking that up.

3 CDs. I'm stoked for this.

• 1 month later...

333.jpg

From Boomkat.

Strictly limited copies of this third and final part in a trilogy of Demdike Stare albums for 2010. Spread over 50 minutes and featuring all new and exclusive material mastered and cut at dubplates and mastering in Berlin, featuring supremely righteous artwork by Andy Votel* "Voices of Dust" is the third and final part in Demdike Stare's trilogy of albums for 2010. The album opens with an analogue tape drone that seems to suck the light out of whatever environment you might find yourself in, powering up Demdike's machinery for the bellydance disco assault of "Hashshashin Chant" that follows. "Repository Of Light" takes another diversion, this time wading through the gaseous environs that made the MVO trio's debut album so memorable earlier this year, before "Desert Ascetic" flips things over for a dusted, relentless assault on the souk. The album ends with the decaying loops of "A Tale Of Sand", leaving you with a bittersweet aftertaste and absolutely no sense of closure whatsoever...

Huh i didn't know they already released so much material. Don't like Symbiosis, bit too easy, but Liberation trough hearing is almost better than saw II for me at the moment :whistling: Nice there are two more LPs. Looking forward to my next (acid) trip :emotawesomepm9:

Well, apparently not December anymore but if this is to be believed, exciting news:

LOVE067_dist_preview452.jpg

http://23narchy.com/tryptych-by-demdike-stare-out-24-january-2011

Tracklisting:

Disc One - Forest of Evil

01 Forest of Evil (Dusk)

02 Forest of Evil (Dawn)

03 Quiet Sky (Bonus Track)

Disc Two - Liberation Through Hearing

01 Caged in Stammheim

02 Eurydice

03 Regolith

04 The Stars Are Moving

05 Bardo Thodol

06 Matilda's Dream

07 Nothing But the Night 2 (Bonus Track)

08 Library of Solomon Book 1 (Bonus Track)

09 Library of Solomon Book 2 (Bonus Track)

Disc Three - Voices of Dust

01 Black Sun

02 Hashshashin Chant

03 Repository of Light

04 Of Decay & Shadows

05 Rain & Shame

06 Desert Ascetic

07 Viento de Levante

08 Leptonic Matter

09 A Tale of Sand

10 Filtered Through Prejudice (Bonus Track)

11 Past Is Past (Bonus Track)

This 3-CD set will be released on 24 January 2011 by Modern Love and comprises Demdike Stare's three 2010 vinyl LP releases together with 40 minutes of previously unreleased material.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Mhh... I'm so in love with these guys. Nice to have bonus tracks for all releases and they work very well!

Sorry to bump this thread up, but is there any news or recent info about Demdike Stare? They were releasing so much last year, probably they take a break (what I don't hope)...

I think this is it so far:

http://thequietus.com/articles/05699-demdike-stare-interview

- "On that note, do you have much planned for this year?

MW: Yes. We are looking at certain areas, and our music's moving onward. It's hard to say exactly, because anything I say might raise wrong expectations, so maybe I'll just leave it at 'further out there'."

- "It's a great body of work, and an easy album to sit and listen to the whole way through. There aren't that many records that you can be happy to sit through three CDs in a row of.

MW: That's exactly what I said! It really scared me because I just started thinking 'what are we going to do next year?' We're planning to do some interesting things, because me and Sean love different formats, especially vinyl. That's our love really. We're not too worried about the music, because we do have some stuff we're both really happy with at the moment. So now it's a discussion about formats and how we're going to get the design ready."

Archived