IGNORED

Watmmopolis is now complete

zazen

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I´ve got the dvd right next to me, where can I get the soundtrack?

Are you just trying to watch it, or is this your way of volunteering to digitise the DVD into high quality slices that are exactly the same length as the slices we worked with?

Guest analogue wings

Are you just trying to watch it, or is this your way of volunteering to digitise the DVD into high quality slices that are exactly the same length as the slices we worked with?

:facepalm:

seriously, just upload the complete soundtrack so we can sync it to the film, I'm aching to watch this in my little cinema.

seriously, just upload the complete soundtrack so we can sync it to the film, I'm aching to watch this in my little cinema.

Ah, I see what you mean. some of the tracks are a few seconds shorter or longer than the clips, so if I just run all the audio into one big long audio file, I think it will go out of sync when compared to the video.

I don't think it would take too much work to chuck the ripped dvd video and the individual tracks into ableton/other daw of choice and sync it up. I have no clue how to make chapter breaks for each track, never made a dvd in my life, but I figure most dvd authoring software will make this a piece of cake? If noone else is up to the challenge I'll do it, but I probably won't get it done in time for xmas.

Metropolis is "sort of" public domain so I don't think there will be any legal issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard nothing, but I hope someone out there is working on it. Is it even available in HD?

I don't think it would take too much work to chuck the ripped dvd video and the individual tracks into ableton/other daw of choice and sync it up.

I've ordered a copy of the DVD and I'm going to give it a go. My main concern is that some of the sequences (MRX, Zephyr, Kcinsu) have to be matched to the visuals at the millisecond level. But maybe it won't be as hard as I think. But don't hold your breath. Maybe there'll be a DVD sometime in the spring.

Guest futuregirlfriend

I've heard nothing, but I hope someone out there is working on it. Is it even available in HD?

Yep it came out on BluRay quite recently.

Metropolis.1927.1080p.BluRay.x264-AVCHD

Guest analogue wings

I don't think it would take too much work to chuck the ripped dvd video and the individual tracks into ableton/other daw of choice and sync it up.

I've ordered a copy of the DVD and I'm going to give it a go. My main concern is that some of the sequences (MRX, Zephyr, Kcinsu) have to be matched to the visuals at the millisecond level. But maybe it won't be as hard as I think. But don't hold your breath. Maybe there'll be a DVD sometime in the spring.

it wont be as hard as you think.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

It's not that hard. There aren't that many variations in the different versions. Some extra footage is not hard to edit out and keep sync. This is a fucking IDM forum and it seems daunting to imagine syncing up some audio the same way it was already done before and doing some tiny video edits? lol

Braindance I little dudes

It's not that hard. There aren't that many variations in the different versions. Some extra footage is not hard to edit out and keep sync. This is a fucking IDM forum and it seems daunting to imagine syncing up some audio the same way it was already done before and doing some tiny video edits? lol

Braindance I little dudes

Its not that its daunting exactly, just that I know its going to be a very long afternoon of pissing about with video files, something I don't like doing much.

But yes, I shall do it. For watmm.

I need some software advice though, and also maybe someone to design some DVD menus, and maybe someone to do some end credits for the whole thing.

Lets talk about it in an EKT thread: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/61883-watmmopolis-next-steps/

can we not just get all the audio upped in high quality, make it available on my ftp and then everyone can have a crack at turning it into a dvd with the video? this took a million years in the first place, leaving it up to just one guy now, i can see it never happening (no offence zazen)

can we not just get all the audio upped in high quality, make it available on my ftp and then everyone can have a crack at turning it into a dvd with the video? this took a million years in the first place, leaving it up to just one guy now, i can see it never happening (no offence zazen)

Yeah, that might be an idea. In theory though I'd have to get all the artist's agreement. Should be Ok though.

I'm well busy till Christmas but after that I'll start looking into this.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Billov

I'd listen to the soundtrack on its own, it was great with the visuals, but each track is more of a standalone effort than most soundtracks. Get that shit all up in the interweb :sup:

Archived