IGNORED

canada

chaosmachine

All in all, Canada is overrated.

Behind the curtain of "best country to live" for people living in other countries, hides deep problems at it's roots, going back centuries. A constitution that isn't one really, xenophobia, the famous "two solitudes" that cuts the country in halves, left-wing mentality where only their opinions are worth of discussion, an inexistant English-Canadian culture, our own stupidity in Québec of being too much "bon-vivant" towards our future, etc...

:boc:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love toronto

also canada has killer weed and records

hot chix and fucking hat hair great beer voi vod,frank motley,all those feench library lps,

this thread rules

barbar i am gonna use your post as lyrics

thanks for sharing

word

i wanna see BC too

Xenophobia? lolwut?

hauntingsoul - no immigration==Canada dies out. The only reason our population is growing at all is due to immigration.

Yes we have great weed, and essines, as well as asians (but if I wanted Asians, I'd go back to Asia, where all the hot ones are). The real thing we have going for us in the future is plenty of land that is relatively safe from physical natural disasters, and large reserves of fresh water.

Guest Enter a new display name

FACT: Immigrants' children are very favorable for our society, but newcomers, not as much...

Fuck Ontario. No offence Chaos.

[youtubehd]NYwS8XataJg[/youtubehd]

ps: part of this commercial was actually filmed in quebec. the diner scene is a restaurant in gatineau (it's in the musée de la civilisation)... but you can see parliament out the window, so I guess that makes it ontario :rolleyes:

Immigrants' children are very favorable for our society, but newcomers, not as much...

Your opinion is a slur on the name of many immigrants who come here and make a positive difference.

Guest Enter a new display name

Immigrants' children are very favorable for our society, but newcomers, not as much...

Your opinion is a slur on the name of many immigrants who come here and make a positive difference.

I didn't say immigrants were useless. It's more likely for a newcomer to have difficulty to integrate, to find a job and to not depend on his/her community.

Edit: May I add I live in a relatively poor district with a majority of first generation immigrants? I witness awful things regularly. I'm also aware of "immigrants who make a positive difference".

I didn't say immigrants were useless. It's more likely for a newcomer to have difficulty to integrate, to find a job and to not depend on his/her community.

Edit: May I add I live in a relatively poor district with a majority of first generation immigrants? I witness awful things regularly. I'm also aware of "immigrants who make a positive difference".

You stated as fact that newcomers are not as favourable as their children. Yes, newcomers will have difficulty integrating at first, but as the duration of their stay in Canada increases, their contributions will increase.

May I add that I often go through a poor neighbourhood in Vancouver called East Hastings, maybe you've heard of it? The vast majority of the down and out are white, non-immigrant people. I witness awful things regularly.

I just have to say Canada is awesome! Ontario is great. I'm currently on Ontario Disability which allows me to live out on my own comfortably. I'm very grateful for that. The free health care is great too. Especially with Ontario Disability, as I get all my prescription drugs for free.

The beer here is awesome too! And I love hockey. I was a goalie back when my fibro myalgia wasn't as bad as it is now. I love playing net, and I got pretty damn good at it. Usually I would only let one goal in per game, each game being an hour and a half long. I played out for a little bit too. My best game was when I scored 5 goals in another hour and a half match. The score ended up being 5-1 which was awesome. As for the NHL I cheer for the leafs first and foremost. After the leafs I cheer for all Canadian teams as Hockey is a Canadian sport.

Bottom line is: Canada rocks!

I just have to say Canada is awesome! Ontario is great. I'm currently on Ontario Disability which allows me to live out on my own comfortably. I'm very grateful for that. The free health care is great too. Especially with Ontario Disability, as I get all my prescription drugs for free.

The beer here is awesome too! And I love hockey. I was a goalie back when my fibro myalgia wasn't as bad as it is now. I love playing net, and I got pretty damn good at it. Usually I would only let one goal in per game, each game being an hour and a half long. I played out for a little bit too. My best game was when I scored 5 goals in another hour and a half match. The score ended up being 5-1 which was awesome. As for the NHL I cheer for the leafs first and foremost. After the leafs I cheer for all Canadian teams as Hockey is a Canadian sport.

You scored 5 goals playing net?

You scored 5 goals playing net?

I scored 5 goals playing out/forward.

Archived