IGNORED

Don't Make Me Start Having Pledge Drives!

Joyrex

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be an annual vote to vote out/get in Featured artists

Cylob would be the first one to go.

I hate to say it but...Boxing Day has a good idea here.

I think a 95% of watmm would rather have ceephax than 'lob, as much as i love 'lob.

lol,

how about an option of upgrading pleb accounts to LTM for cash :emotawesomepm9:²

yeah, but in all seriousness this is really pathetic, you can't split 50 bucks a month with a couple of mods or something ? work an extra two or three hours or so ? this is sort of a lifetime project of yours after all..

assume you like listening to public radio, because it doesn't have a lot of commercials and the content is better than other stations. maybe you like it so much you even call into the shows sometimes.

you don't want public radio to go away, so you donate some cash. maybe they send you a tote bag if you donate a lot, but in terms of expectations, what you're paying for is to keep public radio around.

that's how it works here on watmm. if you want to keep it around, you can donate. if you want a new forum for your favorite idea, well, this isn't a buy-your-own-forum store. if you want to pay money to ban member x, well, this isn't that kind of place, either.

joyrex and i put in dozens of hours a month working to keep this site online and functional. same for the mods who put in time every day to keep this place from being overrun with spam and crap threads.

we could spend our time making money freelancing... or maybe reading a book, going for a walk, or spending time with family. instead, we set aside hours of time to keep this place going, for your enjoyment.

so, if you think that's pathetic, maybe you should find another place to spend the next 5 years.

my take is that this is your project and it's meant to be free-to-use at its core (i believe) and the LAST thing you should come to when the funds are lacking is threads like this, the 50$ price tag makes it especially implausible that this is the last resort...it all gives some kind of impression of neglect.

well at least that's something i would expect from myself when running such thing, but that's your site and so on..

(i was obviously not serious about the pay-for-ban and the like services)

lol,

how about an option of upgrading pleb accounts to LTM for cash :emotawesomepm9:²

yeah, but in all seriousness this is really pathetic, you can't split 50 bucks a month with a couple of mods or something ? work an extra two or three hours or so ? this is sort of a lifetime project of yours after all..

assume you like listening to public radio, because it doesn't have a lot of commercials and the content is better than other stations. maybe you like it so much you even call into the shows sometimes.

you don't want public radio to go away, so you donate some cash. maybe they send you a tote bag if you donate a lot, but in terms of expectations, what you're paying for is to keep public radio around.

that's how it works here on watmm. if you want to keep it around, you can donate. if you want a new forum for your favorite idea, well, this isn't a buy-your-own-forum store. if you want to pay money to ban member x, well, this isn't that kind of place, either.

joyrex and i put in dozens of hours a month working to keep this site online and functional. same for the mods who put in time every day to keep this place from being overrun with spam and crap threads.

we could spend our time making money freelancing... or maybe reading a book, going for a walk, or spending time with family. instead, we set aside hours of time to keep this place going, for your enjoyment.

so, if you think that's pathetic, maybe you should find another place to spend the next 5 years.

my take is that this is your project and it's meant to be free-to-use at its core (i believe) and the LAST thing you should come to when the funds are lacking is threads like this, the 50$ price tag makes it especially implausible that this is the last resort...it all gives some kind of impression of neglect.

well at least that's something i would expect from myself when running such thing, but that's your site and so on..

(i was obviously not serious about the pay-for-ban and the like services)

As stated previously, I payed 100% for WATMM for a majority of it's lifetime; realistically I can't afford to spend 600+ a year on a website that generates no income for me, personal project or not. The alternative to me not supplementing the hosting costs with donations and subscriptions is to let WATMM go offline, as frankly there are other priorities in my life that money can be focused towards.

A bar indicating the donated amount would be good. It would probably guilt me into a buck or two now and then.

I'd like to see a VSnares featured artist subforum, but honestly the featured artist subforums are mostly a joke to me anyway. It keeps the other parts of the forum cleaner though, which is nice.

what about ps3 games? 50$ a month isnt shit.

What do PS3 games have to do with WATMM?

you're basically saying you cant afford 50$ a month. 12.5 $ a week isn't shit is all I'm saying. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE watmm with everything I got, but this whole thing makes me :facepalm:.

A bar indicating the donated amount would be good. It would probably guilt me into a buck or two now and then.

I'd like to see a VSnares featured artist subforum, but honestly the featured artist subforums are mostly a joke to me anyway. It keeps the other parts of the forum cleaner though, which is nice.

I completely agree with both of these statements.

One of the reasons I thought a Vsnares subforum was a good idea is because it would clean out the music discussion posts related to Vsnares. Plus he has a ton of material to talk about, and isn't dead (Like the other Featured Artists), Plus, many members have been wanting a snares subforum for s e v e r a l years.

The Bar Indicator is good. It'd make us (the users) aware of how close we are to collectively paying that monthly fee. I had never donated before because I wasn't sure how much money was being made off of memberships and such. I honestly thought Joy Rex could've been making money off of the sheer amount of memberships/donations.

Guest tht tne

all you who want me banned should know i donate whenever i can, and i have donated over an entire month's hosting fees at once before

This isn't about bribing him with subforums.

You mean him bribing us with sub-forums.

Jus' saying, it's an option.

Instead of banning Tht Tne we could just restrict him to one Subforum. :emotawesomepm9:

Only kidding, I honestly don't mind Tht at all.

Guest Scrambled Ears

i dont see why anyone complains about artist sub-forums...theres hardly ever anything worthwhile on them anyway

x album appreciation

which album/era/hairstyle is better

post rare pics

what is the secret??! (wonder which one this is)

all you who want me banned should know i donate whenever i can, and i have donated over an entire month's hosting fees at once before

You post a lot of spammy posts, but you've said kind words now and then and don't seem to have any malicious intentions. I'll jest, but I ain't gonna hate. I give everyone a chance though, even vamos.

Guest tht tne

You post a lot of spammy posts, but you've said kind words now and then and don't seem to have any malicious intentions. I'll jest, but I ain't gonna hate. I give everyone a chance though, even vamos.

i don't know or want to know what you mean by "spammy," but established members are allowed under the rules to post their new releases

Oh, also JR, way to treat the person (not me) that spent HOURS organizing and uploading the downloads section. Way to show your appreciation.

you've got over 10,000 posts here. assuming 1 post per 10 minutes of watmm usage, you've spent over 1600 hours on watmm.

to quantify that a bit more, if you were to take those 1600 hours and line them up back-to-back, you'd have non-stop, solid forum browsing for the next two months, with no breaks for sleep.

so, how do you "show your appreciation" for something good enough to keep you coming back for 4 years? by bitching about things that don't even involve you. nice.

No chaos. It DOES involve me. My friends involve me, and he is a good one of mine. The way he was treated was uncalled for.

Seriously chaos, i like you. please don't get involved with this. Joyrex needs person x to open a karakasa account.

Archived