IGNORED

diggin' on tea

Guest Deep Fried Everything

Irish breakfast tea for me, Barry's make the best (Gold blend especially, but the classic is pretty good too). I have to bring it over to London myself from back home because English tea is awful (I'm sure you can probably get it somewhere in London, but it's probably expensive and nowhere near me anyway). I drink about 5-6 cups a day. The correct way to drink this tea is with a small drop of milk (can drink without as well, though might be a bit bitter for most), and under no circumstances are you allowed to put any sugar in. Brew in a heated china tea pot with freshly boiled water, steep for at least 4 minutes. Their tea bags are good quality, but obviously leaves are best.

I was considering buying this ridiculously expensive kettle: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CI32S5M?colid=HSEBLT1DBC5Z&coliid=I20S5478WWU80Z&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

but at that price would probably want to be brewing something a bit more fancy, must get into the Assam's and Ceylon's by themselves rather than using blends.

Don't really know anything about Chinese tea, the robust Indian and African ones are the best I've had though.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spot the tricone in tricone's tea cupboard!

Y0oLmzh.jpg

I normally just drink Tetleys or King Cole, but have tonnes of other stuff. That Boston Harbour Tea is fantastic, apparently the very same tea that was thrown in the harbour in the revolution (prolly just a marketing gimmick lawl, but it is great tea). I also make teas out of leaves from blackcurrants, roses etc, which can be quite nice

yeah, a good one is japanese sencha green tea with roses and fruit in, and steep it no higher than 85 degrees else it goes bitter. tiny bit of sugar and its so lush

matcha is where it's at

otherwise i just have regular green tea, piss-poor quality actually, like 10 cups or so a day, no sugar no milk. i think i actually have a serious tea addiction... basically if i'm not outside i'm drinking tea

I got one of these things in China, not stop oolong (admittedly not the good stuff since I'm broke)

AIwK0VW.jpg

do you get taiwanese oriental dream oolong? if not, try some, the cheap stuff is still really good :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Taiwan-Oriental-Beauty-Oolong-Tea-Loose-Leaves-/151731824327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2353ebe6c7

something like that, make sure the leaves are different colours, means the bugs have been at 'em. my expensive one was hand picked leaves for flavour by a master tea maker, the cheaper one i presume isnt? not sure, but get one that looks like this:

$_57.JPG

Ting Ling Darjeeling, was nice, not sure if that or Turzum Muscatel dream are my favourite darjeelings so far, the turzum has a rediculous aroma
im drinking the puttabong eagle eye now, less grape aroma, but nice on the tongue, a bit nutty maybe
oh yeah - this place https://www.imperialteas.co.uk/really do sell the nicest tea :wub: they actually drink it and know what they are on about

I got one of these things in China, not stop oolong (admittedly not the good stuff since I'm broke)

AIwK0VW.jpg

do you get taiwanese oriental dream oolong? if not, try some, the cheap stuff is still really good :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Taiwan-Oriental-Beauty-Oolong-Tea-Loose-Leaves-/151731824327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2353ebe6c7

something like that, make sure the leaves are different colours, means the bugs have been at 'em. my expensive one was hand picked leaves for flavour by a master tea maker, the cheaper one i presume isnt? not sure, but get one that looks like this:

$_57.JPG

Ting Ling Darjeeling, was nice, not sure if that or Turzum Muscatel dream are my favourite darjeelings so far, the turzum has a rediculous aroma

im drinking the puttabong eagle eye now, less grape aroma, but nice on the tongue, a bit nutty maybe

oh yeah - this place https://www.imperialteas.co.uk/really do sell the nicest tea :wub: they actually drink it and know what they are on about

Oh man, I'm going to have to order some of that Taiwanese one soon.

im drinking it now (the really good one). changes every steep...

im a massive oriental beauty convert. SO GOOD

argh. its so complex i dont know where to begin.

Archived