diggin' on tea

Guest Deep Fried Everything

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
Guest nene multiple assgasms

Iron Goddess Oolong.

And then I usually ruin it by making it in a cack handed way.

I just had this for the first time today (my first oolong), and I must say it was the most delicious tea I've had so far. it smelled like honeysuckle and tasted like some other familiar flower mixed with hearty toasted goodness. it held up pretty well to multiple infusions, too. here's the specific one I had. I recently got a couple of sample packs from rishi, so I've got a lot of tea drinking to look forward to.

:wub: that this thread still lives on

made some sun tea with the tea linked in my original post, lemon ginseng green tea, and it should be enough to last the rest of the week. on the upcoming trip to lahn-dahn, i'm thinking a second trip to this joint is necessary.

i'm wondering, are there any other nice tea houses i should look up in london or anywhere you can go to try different kinds of tea, samples like, before purchasing? help me watmm, you're my only hope!

can't say i have any intelligence on this issue but i just had a cup of celestial green tea with ginseng and some other stuff in it and white tea. it was very smooth, slightly sweet, and had a sort of cinnamon edge. very, very good.

This is a Twinings household.

I make tea with military precision:

Fresh boiled water, never twice boiled.

Brew for 30 seconds.

Add milk only after tea bag has been removed (I hate anything other then skimmed milk in my tea).

Guest disparaissant

i dig tea

really enjoy lapsang souchoung, though everyone else i know thinks it tastes like rubber

and earl grey

and lady grey

and pretty much all tea, really. can't think of a type of tea i just plain don't like.

i dig tea

really enjoy lapsang souchoung, though everyone else i know thinks it tastes like rubber

and earl grey

and lady grey

and pretty much all tea, really. can't think of a type of tea i just plain don't like.

I got some pu-erh (ancient shu pu-erh tuo cha) a while back. I've drunk it quite a few times and am just now starting to develop a taste for it. I wasn't accustomed to tea that tastes like fish and rotting hay (some molasses in there too). I think part of the appeal is it gives you a noticeable buzz. the weird thing is, as strong as it is it doesn't really get bitter. it just has a funky flavor. it's hearty, I'll give it that.

Guest hahathhat

This is a Twinings household.

i like twinings earl grey. occasionally darjeeling

I make tea with military precision:

Fresh boiled water, never twice boiled.

Brew for 30 seconds.

Add milk only after tea bag has been removed (I hate anything other then skimmed milk in my tea).

i have extensive experimental logs in my brain that allow me to precisely compute microwave time. this level of compulsion also comes in handy when slicing samples

relative of mine brought over some weird tea that tasted like funky smoked meat. we all politely had some and then it sat on the shelf after that

Lapsang souchoung is my favourite. I think it tastes like bacon.

You're alright, disp. You're alright. :beer:

(those are tea mugs)

(actually, mine is still beer)

Guest disparaissant

okay well funky smoked meat tea sounds gross but i do like pu-ehr!

we've got this great organic coffee place just down the road that sells all sorts of funky teas, has a lot of sample size stuff for relatively cheap, so i like to experiment.

Guest anis258

i'll echo a previous poster and recommend Mariage Freres.. they literally have a big book detailing their teas with descriptions.

If you're in Paris, go to their tea salon in le marais and experience a perfectly steeped pot of tea..

• 7 months later...

http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/item.asp?from=catalog.asp&itemID=ZY84&begin=0&parent=Teas%3EBlack%3EChina&category=Yunnan&sortMethod=0&categoryID=14

I used to think all black tea was at least a little bitter until I recently discovered this stuff. you know this is good stuff as soon as you smell the dry leaf; it smells kind of like cocoa and black olives. the beverage itself is absolutely delicious.

mmmmm i'm going to have to find some of that nene, it sounds delicious! did you opt for the pure gold?

i've come to realize i don't like many herbal teas which are heavily flavored with fruits and such. i like tea pretty pure? i guess? i'd prefer just a straight up black, green, or white tea to most anything that is flavored with 3 different kinds of oranges and two kinds of wildflowers.

Archived