IGNORED

diggin' on tea

Guest Deep Fried Everything

anyone here well into tea? the hot kind?

i'm considering getting a proper ceramic (chinese?) tea pot, and drink a shit-ton of tea but don't really know a whole lot about what to look for. besides the obvious "here let me google that for you", wondering who else is a tea enthusiast, also takes their shit for serial.

here's a steal of a deal for green tea enthusiasts. this shit is GOOD.

:mu-ziq: <-- fancy man enjoys tea

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't take it too seriously but I've tried most of my local tea makers products

http://solarisbotanicals.com/shop.php

I like pu-erh at the moment because you don't have to worry about water temperature or anything, just boil it and throw it on, tastes damn good.

This guide should be helpful, I need to get that metal strainer on that page because i've manage to break every glass tea strainer i've had.

http://worldoftea.org/hackers-guide-to-tea/

green tea is good black tea is good, the odd herbal tea is good: lemon zinger and chamomile

don't all the fancy teas come as leafs so you gotta use a strainer?? i think so. i had a ginger lemon grass the other day, excellent!

Yes! I like to have either Sencha or a Rock Oolong in the morning, jasmine pearls in the afternoon, and Yerba Matte for late night studying.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Kinda surprised how good this tastes without anything else

51xjSxFje%2BL.jpg

I been mixing it with Green Tea though, works pretty well

Got into Tea myself once I went to this store I thought was gay and nasty called Teavana. Don't remember how I wound up going in there but I tried one of their sample teas and WOW I was amazed. Since then I bought a bad ass expensive tea kettle and several type of teas from them. I quit sodas a couple months back and this made the move so much easier. I even managed to hook my family and a few friend into the Tea Scene , cause here in America tea isn't really that big of a deal.

• 3 months later...
Guest nene multiple assgasms

does anybody here use a thermometer for teas that require cooler than boiling water? I've always just eyeballed it when making green tea, but I recently ordered a thermometer for this purpose (hasn't arrived yet).

Guest Babar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapsang_souchong

very much an acquired taste for most people

love this very much :wub: can't remember where first put me onto it, but it's lovely.

my mum call it "the tea that make me trip(travel)".

Try to avoid japanese tea that contains "poprice"(like popcorn). It tastes awfully bad. undrinkable. Tea is called "o cha" in japanese. I call this one, "eau de chat" (cat's water).

Just go for marriage brothers tea. It's luxury tea, but it only cost 15€/100gr so that's still pretty cheap. It's art.

edit: Deep fried tea ?

you can also make icecreams out of tea.

Guest ezkerraldean

I fucking adore tea. Not the fancy ones though, just bog-standard Tetleys or PG Tips, perfect for dipping fuckloads of biscuits in. I have about 5 cups a day.

mr elephant i would not recommend deep frying tea, despite my handle's suggestion to the contrary.

thermometer = no, never tried it.. let us know if it works out well for you i guess? i've always just regulated on it manually.

Guest Sprigg

Been hitting green tea and yerba mate pretty hard of late. Recently got some kind of ginger peach green tea, it's weird. I like peach tea and I love ginger in my tea... but the combination is just weird, yet I can't get enough of it.

Archived