IGNORED

diggin' on tea

Guest Deep Fried Everything

Guest Thaddeusz

i had this , i think black tea before and they were in little spheres and when the hot water hit them they uncoiled. anyone know what i'm talking about?

sounds like gunpowder tea. great stuff, lives up to its smoky name

qiangjiangjadedry061910.jpg

qiangjiangjadewet061910.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had this , i think black tea before and they were in little spheres and when the hot water hit them they uncoiled. anyone know what i'm talking about?

that looks right

Guest nene multiple assgasms

that looks right

if it was a black tea it might have been black dragon pearls (http://www.adagio.com/black/black_dragon_pearls.html). a lot of oolongs are ball-rolled too, and they can range from very green to very dark.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

did you opt for the pure gold?

not what sure what you mean; did I miss something on the page?

it's a kind of yunnan, the highest grade.

since tea is all about the essential oils (? I think) i imagine the best tea is the freshest tea or one that is stored in an air tight seal (as much as i can be)

• 2 years later...

hello fellow tea drinkers. my current loves are:

Margerets hope Darjeeling

(Drury teas):

keemun

pai mu tan white peony

sencha

pu er

(/Drury teas)

russian caravan

oolong

lapsang souchong

dragon well, nine dragons, gen maicha etc

i'd love to know a really good keemun, white/silver needle-type tea, oolong & pu-er. ive tried a few keemuns & oolongs, and i like the drury ones, but would like to take this shit to the next level. anyone know any good ones to try?

I don't care much for fancy green teas although I do like fruity teas, I make my own occasionally from dried fruits/berries/leaves from rose, blueberry, rasp/blackberry etc

I love a normal builder's tea - tetleys with a splash o milk and something to dip in it - I have that about 5 times a day

• 4 weeks later...

These have been in the last few months

White
Yunnan White Moonlight
White Snow Dragon
White Yin Zhen Silver Needle
White Monkey
Ronnefeldt Pai Mu Tan
Oolong
Superior Fancy Oolong
Pouchong Oolong Wangjia
Hong Pao Oolong
Taiwanese Oriental Beauty Oolong
Taiwanese Ali Shan Oolong
Darjeeling
Seeyok Second Flush FTGOP1
Tumsong FTGFOP1
Turzum Muscatel Dream SFTGFOP-SP
Singbulli Silk Darjeeling SFTGFOP-SP DJ1
Pu Er
China Pu Erh Kun Ming
2006 Xiaguan 8673 Sheng Pu Er
Black
Hao Ya Keemun
Yunnan Black Gold
:cerious: ive got a serious tea addiction going on here

FREE-SHIPPING-60-pcs-of-Blooming-Tea-Bal

Yeh, it's called blossom tea.

check out the description of this golden white tea:

Golden Needles, the rarest tea in the world is grown on the beautiful island of Jun Shan in the middle of Dongting Lake in China’s Hunan Province. The island is almost permanently mist bound which may be the reason it is said to be inhabited by 'fairy like' creatures. In former times, the buds were hand cut by gloved virgins with golden scissors at the break of dawn and presented as a tribute to the Emperor.

:cerious: tea addiction intensifies

check out the description of this golden white tea:

Golden Needles, the rarest tea in the world is grown on the beautiful island of Jun Shan in the middle of Dongting Lake in China’s Hunan Province. The island is almost permanently mist bound which may be the reason it is said to be inhabited by 'fairy like' creatures. In former times, the buds were hand cut by gloved virgins with golden scissors at the break of dawn and presented as a tribute to the Emperor.

:cerious: tea addiction intensifies

• 5 months later...

Not enough tea talk on watmm.

Good tea = :wub:

11703164_10152959831172826_7503368679721

Puttabong Eagle Eye & Ting Ling Summer Rose Darjeelings, Miaoli Gold award winning Tung Luo Oriental Beauty Oolong, Yin Zhen White crystal.

ive only tried the Oriental beauty and it is absolutely incredible. tastes like loads of different things each mouthful.. like a very sweet bark with cinnamon aroma and honey and.. im not experienced enough to describe it, but i love it. leaves the tongue numb but isnt astringent and i keep on tasting different things even after hour or so of it being drunk. now im smelling rose, and i havent even had another swig during this sentence.

I am officially an Oolong addict 10/10 :wub:

tea.jpg

2006 Xiaguan 8673 raw sheng puerh. didnt like it as much at first, but its growing on me. has that weird cats piss smell/fermented taste that i get from pu-ehr thats a bit of an acquired taste. (a bit like dead wood?)

but now im realising its a lot more complex than i first thought. i like it, again not experienced enough to describe it and ive got the oolong in my brain but its worth whatever i paid for it .. (£~30?)

Any tea fans about? Tea>Coffee

Not enough tea talk on watmm.

Good tea = :wub:

11703164_10152959831172826_7503368679721

Puttabong Eagle Eye & Ting Ling Summer Rose Darjeelings, Miaoli Gold award winning Tung Luo Oriental Beauty Oolong, Yin Zhen White crystal.

ive only tried the Oriental beauty and it is absolutely incredible. tastes like loads of different things each mouthful.. like a very sweet bark with cinnamon aroma and honey and.. im not experienced enough to describe it, but i love it. leaves the tongue numb but isnt astringent and i keep on tasting different things even after hour or so of it being drunk. now im smelling rose, and i havent even had another swig during this sentence.

I am officially an Oolong addict 10/10 :wub:

tea.jpg

2006 Xiaguan 8673 raw sheng puerh. didnt like it as much at first, but its growing on me. has that weird cats piss smell/fermented taste that i get from pu-ehr thats a bit of an acquired taste. (a bit like dead wood?)

but now im realising its a lot more complex than i first thought. i like it, again not experienced enough to describe it and ive got the oolong in my brain but its worth whatever i paid for it .. (£~30?)

Any tea fans about? Tea>Coffee

Looking good!

Too much coffee during the day, too much tea in the evening (perfect balance). Last few years I've been drinking rooibos tea almost exclusively, +-5 cups almost every evening. Got some fine black tea (heavily caffeinated) from some tea shop in Paris which I use in the day when I'm sick of coffee (which is rarely) and yeah, loads of others whenever I feel like it. Rooibos mainly appeals to me for the lack of caffeine and that it is also nice to drink cold.

One day I'll start with some of these actual proper teas as the ones above...

i wonder if theres different grades of redbush, was thinking that the other day. i know you can get it ground now and they have it a bit like coffee, which might be interesting, but i dont do milk really,

cant drink coffee, gives me the jitters :mellow:

Archived