IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! !!-11-11

skotosa

I spend 90% of my time just walking around the world map. It's one of my favourite walk-em-ups ever ! (warping to the towns is just cheating)

ill be with you once i have all the heavy armor i need...i hate loading up with booty and walk halfway across the world to sell it.

plus i chose athletics as one of my major skills...probably wasn;t the best idea.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought a Core i7/3.4 Sandybridge based system with an NVidia gtx580, loads of RAM, crucial M4 ssd for startup... FUN! At the point where the Windows flag is complete it immediately is at the login screen. A second after PW+Enter the system is ready. It's the BIOS which actually costs half of the boot time. FUNFUNFUN.

Played Stalker Call of Pripyat complete mod, sooo dark, looking forward to Skyrim.

Everything graphics related at max @ 1920y1200 screen res. :gamer:

Guest Donkey Rhubarb

Just bought a Core i7/3.4 Sandybridge based system with an NVidia gtx580, loads of RAM, crucial M4 ssd for startup... FUN! At the point where the Windows flag is complete it immediately is at the login screen. A second after PW+Enter the system is ready. It's the BIOS which actually costs half of the boot time. FUNFUNFUN.

Played Stalker Call of Pripyat complete mod, sooo dark, looking forward to Skyrim.

Everything graphics related at max @ 1920y1200 screen res. :gamer:

I bought something similar. i7 2600k 3.4ghz overclocked to 4.6ghz 8 gb ram gtx580 ssd drive. rapid as fuck. Loads up windows quick. Bought it mainly for bf3 and this. 27inch monitor too. Pre built cos i couldnt be arsed to build it myself. The price wasnt much more to do it anyway so i thought fuck it!

I just spent 3800 on a series of colonics in preparation for all the chocolate, mead, and ramen noodles I will be consuming as I explore Tamriel.

Guest analogue wings

I hacked my "speed" statistic in Obliviwind, so I could scream around the map quicker after I got sick of all the walking.

I'm trying to get hyped about this game, but after spending 100+ hours in Dark Souls, this just seems like its a PG-13 rated younger brother.

I've read a bunch of threads containing dozens of posts claiming thats already GOTY without anyone playing it!?!?! Makes me think its just been overhyped and media saturated to death.

I watched a video on it and the developer was explaining (while a crowd was literally cheering in the background) about how you could freeze enemies with a freeze spell or set enemies on fire with a fire spell. WOW!

I'm trying to get hyped about this game, but after spending 100+ hours in Dark Souls, this just seems like its a PG-13 rated younger brother.

I've read a bunch of threads containing dozens of posts claiming thats already GOTY without anyone playing it!?!?! Makes me think its just been overhyped and media saturated to death.

I watched a video on it and the developer was explaining (while a crowd was literally cheering in the background) about how you could freeze enemies with a freeze spell or set enemies on fire with a fire spell. WOW!

I just spent 4576 dollars for a memory erase later today so I don't have to remember your criticism.

have you played morrowind and oblivion? if not, it's something you can't really understand.

if you have played morrowind/oblivion, wtf why are you not excited for skyrim?

Getting more and more excited for this. I'm gonna go kill Seathe in Dark Souls, because that was my real goal once I saw him in the trailer, and sell it to pay for Skyrim... because I know I'll get multiple playthroughs out of it, but no way I'll be playing through DkS again... way too much tedium at points.

I have been really apprehensive about Skyrim, because Morrowind and Oblivion are both in my top 10 easily, and Skyrim looks like it's really dumbed down comparatively. I have watched every snippet of gameplay, and I am just not seeing the elements I want in an elder scrolls game. It looks more like a retextured gears of war more than it does a Bethesda game, and the gameplay likewise looks like it's really oriented towards console controls. I want I am probably going to try it out, and if it runs on my shitty computer at all, and it's decent, then I'll buy it. I would love for them to prove me wrong.

BTW the graphics that I've seen from Skyrim don't impress me at all. OK, it's an RPG and the story counts and all this, but anyway, graphics at a level of BF3 would be nice.

I have been really apprehensive about Skyrim, because Morrowind and Oblivion are both in my top 10 easily, and Skyrim looks like it's really dumbed down comparatively. I have watched every snippet of gameplay, and I am just not seeing the elements I want in an elder scrolls game. It looks more like a retextured gears of war more than it does a Bethesda game, and the gameplay likewise looks like it's really oriented towards console controls. I want I am probably going to try it out, and if it runs on my shitty computer at all, and it's decent, then I'll buy it. I would love for them to prove me wrong.

i dont see how it's dumbed down, what do you mean exactly ?

id they change the method of leveling up for oblivion's style? i understand the reasoning behind it but it can really grate after a while having to spam weak alteration spells.

Guest futuregirlfriend

I think it will be a little bit similar to the bethesda fallout games. No classes, pick main skills at the start, perks as you level up. 250+ perks too. Skills improve as you use them. You level up as your skills improve. I'm a bit confused at the moment, is that right?

Archived