IGNORED

the puppy dog thread

Guest fiznuthian

Otis at about eight weeks. His mama was a breeding dog that got left at a dog's home while pregnant. Probably too old to be of any more use to whoever had her. He's blind in one eye, his brothers that we saw also had problems with their eyes too. It doesn't seem to bother him, he still runs in the woods with me and chases tennis balls just fine.

qRxLE.jpg

He's four months now and a lot bigger, still a total middle-aged woman magnet though.

Awwwwwwwwww

• 1 month later...

I want an English Bulldog.

tumblr_ligkeccBwN1qei7a7o1_500.jpg

Look at it! Awwwwwww

I work with dogs, and if I can add anything to this thread, it's that nobody should get this breed. They may be cute as puppies (what puppies aren't cute?), but, they're dumb as a rock and just a mess of medical problems as they get older. You have to wash the folds in their skin or else they get infected. Like pugs/lhasas/shih-tsus/etc, they've been bred for cartoonish looks, not intelligence or health, so they're borderline retarded, likely to have heat stroke, choke on their own food, have their eyes pop out if they get their head bumped, and they eat everything around them, edible or not. I've worked with about a dozen English bulldogs and they're all the same. Seriously my least favorite breed ever. I wish the University of Georgia would change their mascot so people around here would stop buying them.

My favorite breed is the Border Collie. They're super affectionate, ridiculously smart, and very pretty dogs. Next dog I get is definitely going to be one. OP is definitely spot on about herding breeds making the best dogs.

border-collie.jpg

Golden retrievers and labs right behind them. I also have a soft spot for Jack Russels and Rat Terriers.

as a cat owner I just want to say

dogs are awesome too

thread approved

Yes.

Based on living in an apartment in a city and never being home, I can't really have a dog (plenty of people do around here, seeing the dog for a few hours in the evening and getting some dog walker while they're at work or whatever people do all day in Los Angeles, but it's incredibly unfair to the dog, imo. Actually, not imo. Fact.). But dogs are great.

DOGS.

dfdjyq.jpg

My dog. Notice how cool she's being NOT trying to eat that food on the table. She's also just rad on every conceivable level. She can catch soccer balls in her paws like a boss. She's totally into Christmas.

fa56wj.jpg

This is my grandma's dog. No explanation needed.

104rbdl.jpg

Archived