IGNORED

ODD FUTURE WOLF GANG KILL THEM ALL

Guest KY

Just had to drop in and say that there is no way Goblin is a good album.

judging by your last.fm acct, you don't actually listen to hip-hop. later dude

You must have done a pretty quick check.

no i obviously went through your entire listening history

Not necessary. Busta Rhymes and Flying Lotus are right up there in the "last 3 months" section. Al Green too if you want to consider that a precursor to hip-hop. One doesn't have to be a hip-hop connoisseur to validate the statement I made.

Edited by Tauhid

in all honesty though, after going through your top fifteen pages of top artists, the only rapper i've seen is busta rhymes...just saying, it's not hard to admit you're not that into hip-hop in the first place.

Not necessary. Busta Rhymes and Flying Lotus are right up there in the "last 3 months" section. Al Green too if you want to consider that a precursor to hip-hop. One doesn't have to be a hip-hop connoisseur to validate the statement I made.

flying lotus doesn't have anything to do with rapping, nor does al green lol. you don't really have to validate the statement, i just don't see why it's so hard admitting your opinion isn't really relevant since you don't really like hip-hop all too much :whistling:

Guest ansgaria

As annoying as Tyler is, I can't do anything but love the guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing them at this year's Roskilde festival.

flying lotus doesn't have anything to do with rapping, nor does al green lol. you don't really have to validate the statement, i just don't see why it's so hard admitting your opinion isn't really relevant since you don't really like hip-hop all too much :whistling:

Not to derail the thread but, reading this I could help but think if FlyLo did an album or at least EP bringing in a bunch of underground rappers, kinda like Prefuse73's "Surrounded By Silence" it'd probably be pretty sweet...

So can any of the fans here of this group chime in as of to what their reasoning is behind using the lyrics they use? Just curious if they've ever made some sort of statement of intent, either within or outside of the songs themselves.

Guest Z_B_Z

So can any of the fans here of this group chime in as of to what their reasoning is behind using the lyrics they use?

well, theyre obviously a bit fucked up. tyler especially. but theres no reason to get in a huff about it. if you find it offensive dont listen..

My mother raised me a single parent so it's apparent

That I got love for my mother, none of you other fuckers

Are much important I'm getting angrier while recording

I'm feeling like the Bulls, I've got a Gang of Wolves

Odd Future is children that's fucked up on they mental

Simple but probably not, fuck them

I'm tall, dark, skinny, my ears are big as fuck

Drunk white girls the only way I'll get my dick sucked

Suspended from school coolest nigga without effort

Easy to spot like black bitches with fake leopard

Soak me up in a tampon, but keep the lamp on

Cause this album pack enough evil

That you can't fit inside a Jansport, go to school with this

-tyler, the creator

idk if you're looking for a mission statement or something, but just listen to the songs... it's rap, the reasons are in the rhymes

So can any of the fans here of this group chime in as of to what their reasoning is behind using the lyrics they use? Just curious if they've ever made some sort of statement of intent, either within or outside of the songs themselves.

Its all about extremism. Look around you, Tylers lyrics arent exactly out of place with the rest of society.

Guest Z_B_Z

the whole "it just mirrors society" thing is a bit trite. its a given that artists reflect the society/culture that birth them.

Guest Z_B_Z

point was made... a long time ago.

now apparently glaad are denouncing them. tyler should just get his dick sucked in public and end this controversy. the faggot.

Not to derail the thread but, reading this I could help but think if FlyLo did an album or at least EP bringing in a bunch of underground rappers, kinda like Prefuse73's "Surrounded By Silence" it'd probably be pretty sweet...

[youtubehd]IUuq_9qPoyg[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]IUuq_9qPoyg[/youtubehd]

alright, I hadn't listened to hodgy much... that's some good flowin, tyler and earl are mostly what i'd heard of the group. I find tyler a bit hit or miss at this point