IGNORED

captain beefheart is dead

kaini

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

must confess i find most of what i've heard completely inaccessible but 2 of those tracks in the first post are very good.

does anyone actually like everything he did or do you just accept you have to search out the good good stuff?

these two ^

^The first few times I heard his music I thought it sounded like a bunch of guys hitting random notes on guitars really fast. But then it grew on me a lot. In a way his music sort of reminds me of really dense complicated electronic beat stuff.

well, willie the pimp is zappa with beefheart on vocals

i love trout mask but i only listen to it occasionally

i really like the later stuff like doc at the radar station

for the garagey stuff, check out strictly personal

Guest tht tne

Man. I'm sorry. I just can't get into his stuff. Sorry he is dead though. That blows.

i have never really even tried to get into captain beefheart beyond the live album he did with frank zappa, but i may delve into him now... lotta love here

• 9 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/31/2020 at 3:23 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Saw this thread and was like "OH SHIT CAPTAIN BEEFHEART DIED!"  Then saw the year and was like "oh thank god, it was 10 years ago, phew."  RIP regardless.

Archived