IGNORED

pho

Fred McGriff

yeah, pho isn't a soup, more of a stew.

disagree. nothing about its components seem stewed. the broth is light and fragrant and the majority of the stuff is added fresh. nothing really hast time to stew.

but you know what i mean - it's definitely not a soup. there's too much shit goin on for it to be a soup.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

take your pho pun and go jump in a lake!!

p.s. my buddy wants to open up a fusion noodles place called "Nguyen in Rome"

Oh buggertits,

I'm just going to go ahead and give out a nice lol for these two posts.

Also, I have never had pho and plan on located a restaurant in town here that serves it in the near future.

I had some pho just now for lunch. I think it was the first bowl served today as I got there a few minutes before they opened and ordered it to go. It was Pho Tai Chin (Rare beef and brisket)!

It was incredible! This place by me told me their secret is the broth is half beef and half chicken. They use no MSG, only pwn sauce

I'm going today! I may take pictures if you're lucky.

You go to the place in Brighton called Pho? My housemate works there, nice food for a chain :)

Yes! we go there all the time, love it..

I didn't get to take pictures yesterday BUT I did take a photo when I went there a couple of weeks ago...There's not much left haha.

269139_10150720091430454_580315453_19700036_2265973_n.jpg

I've never seen pho with flat rice noodles. Is that a regional thing/ the UK way?

I've only seen rice noodles like pho-hana-019-576x432.jpg

This is probably not interesting to anyone but me so I'll stop.

I'm going today! I may take pictures if you're lucky.

You go to the place in Brighton called Pho? My housemate works there, nice food for a chain :)

Yes! we go there all the time, love it..

Good stuff! Yeah it's decent there, went there for my birthday the other month. It's crazy how busy it can get, big queues out the door sometimes

chicken or beef broth? i've never had it, i'm hoping to next weekend, and the place i'm looking has these options:

PHO - Rice Noodle Soup (Chicken Brooth)

noodle soups are served with bean sprouts, lime and cilantro

Pho Tai

$5.80

Pho Dac Blet

$6.25

Pho Ga

$5.80

Hu Tieu Thap Cam

$6.25

Hu Tieu Bo Vien

$5.80

Mi Bo Vien

$5.80

Mi Thap Cam

$5.25

PHO - Rice Noodle Soup (Beef Brooth)

noodle soup are served with bean sprouts, lime, jalapeno and sweet basil

Special Pho

$3.99

Special Pho X-Large

$5.25

Special Pho

$5.00

Special Pho X-Large

$5.50

Mi Thap Cam

$5.25

Mi Hoanh Thap

$5.50

Hn Tien Chay

$5.00

well you have to have basil. but i tend to avoid anything on any menu that has the word "special" in it. chef nguyen is back there poppin loads probably. no msg needed at least.

but yeah i would suggest beef broth, like a brisket and/or rare beef. make sure you get some basil. and tell them you want some cilantro too, shit. i guess my pick would be special pho (the second time it's listed)

is this like the next pesto

huh? pesto is a condiment, pho is a meal. not even from the same continent. the only thing they have in common is you put them in your mouth. that's almost like saying pho is the next my dick.

you can put your dick in your mouth!? AWESOME!!

• 5 months later...

...It was Pho Tai Chin (Rare beef and brisket)!

This sounds good. I'll try this whenever I go... Still haven't yet since I don't have many friends that would want to go with me. My wife doesn't want to try it and I don't want to go alone! OH WAIT... I'll ask my neighbor with the hot red bone wife!

Archived