IGNORED

how do you organize your mp3/flac/whatever collection?

SR4

I'm using CopyTrans

Actually, this shit blows. Anyone know of any decent free software (or methods) to recover all my iPod music?

Here's how I do it on Windows.

Messy downloads folder -> drag everything into a new playlist in Foobar, then figure what I want to keep

Tag and download art with the foo_discogs foobar component. You have to tell the plugin to download art in its settings.

The I created some file operation presets in Foobar. They read the now correct tags then rename/move the file accordingly. When you install Foobar you have to select to install 'file operations,' don't know why it isn't checked by default, pretty stupid.

Rename: $if(%tracknumber%,%tracknumber%). %title%

Will end up like: 01. Track name.file ext

Move: $left($stripprefix(%artist%),1)\%album artist%\%album%\%filename%

Will organise my stuff like: \a\artist\album - You just have to set a music folder the first time you create the preset, after that you can just go select, right click, file op, "move" preset

Can't imagine a better way for me as it's right in the media player, no faffing around with anything else.

this. now that i've gotten used to foobar, i can't imagine myself using anything else. only the most poorly tagged and organized files have problems fitting into automation schemes. it's the perfect program.

Archived