IGNORED

FUGAZI

J3FF3R00

Guest disparaissant

well "repeater" is what got me into fugazi. the song specifically, but the whole album kills it imo.

maybe just make her watch instrument.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got into fugzi through minor threat

i think ppl today getting into fugazi is a lost cause, it is great music but back in the day there wasnt the internet, there werent so many distractions that you have today, that dhumanize ppl and cause them to lost interest in genuine things.

It was really, really difficult for me to get her into Guns N Roses... but I eventually did it! With them, I think what worked was pointing out the details in the performance, song structures, things like that.

i've been trying this with no luck :mellow:

Trying to get into GNR or get someone else into GNR?

If you want an argument, look no further than "Welcome to the Jungle". It is basically 5 songs in one song and any part that has any kind of repetition changes in some way when it is repeated, whether it be by dynamics, modulation, etc.

It is also easier to get a girl into GNR over Fugazi because Fugazi never had a "Sweet Child O Mine".

I saw Fugazi in 1991 (amazing with Jawbreaker) and 1999 (too big of a crowd, bad sound) - which kinda book-ended the '90s for me.

I also was into Embrace which was kind of the precursor to Fugazi along with Rites of Spring and others.

Ian MacKaye was so insufferable - who starts a song with the lyric "I don't like parties"? He does!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwUXUMq_zs

If you want an argument, look no further than "Welcome to the Jungle". It is basically 5 songs in one song and any part that has any kind of repetition changes in some way when it is repeated, whether it be by dynamics, modulation, etc.

It is also easier to get a girl into GNR over Fugazi because Fugazi never had a "Sweet Child O Mine".

i love GNR, i wanted my GF to love it also, but it's pretty difficult cause she's traumatized because of her older brother :facepalm:

Remember this?

fugazi_thisisnot_f.jpg

Here is the really cool story behind it...

http://www.labproductions.com/news/music/interviews/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1023507062&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1

What is your stance on merchandising, why is it non-existant? I used to have this t-shirt back in high school, like 1990, that said �This is NOT a Fugazi T-shirt.� Obviously that was back in the day, but still there is nothing available other than the records.

Ian: I don�t know. I guess the whole idea just seemed weird to us. I mean, we were a band, we wanted to make music, and yet our first tour we did we didn�t even have records out, we were just on tour. So we pulled into this little town and these kids ran up to us before we even played and were like, �where are your T-shirts?� and we were like, �we�re not selling any.� They were like, �What? You�re not selling any shirts?� and they got angry at us. We were basically like �Why?� We didn�t want to sell stuff. We make music, we sell records, that�s about it. Actually, that t-shirt that you bought was a result of me busting a company in Boston that were selling Fugazi shirts, and I told them they had to stop. So that�s how they came up with the �This is Not a Fugazi Shirt.� So I was like, �Yeah, that�s funny. Since you are so creative, lets see you be creative with the royalties that you are generating. Lets see you give that money to any charitable organization of your choice in Boston.� And for years they gave the money to a woman�s shelter up there, all the money that shirt generated. But we�ve never made any shirts, or stickers or anything else, so virtually everything you see is an example of the kind of avarice that exists in that kind of parallel economy, which is next to music. You know, people sell t-shirts, stickers, wallet chains, parking spaces, whatever. It�s just parallel economies. That�s what�s really going on. It just gets kind of disgusting after a while. And I am pleased to have never been involved in it.

• 1 year later...

I've been thinking about what the best Fugazi album is.

I think a lot of peeps would go with Rd Medicine or Repeater. I'm closer to Red Medicine, but to me, their best is IN on the kill taker .

That album is so strong and has no miss. So musical, unique and hard. Raw and personal. Arty and Catchy. Just brilliant.

Yeah Fugazi are pretty awesome. Anyone know if that Wugazi mashup mixtape was any good?

and for the record the only electronic music i think that comes remotely close to fugazi is dubstep

What does this even mean?

Yeah Fugazi are pretty awesome. Anyone know if that Wugazi mashup mixtape was any good?

I enjoyed it. Not to the point of playing it over and over, but it was good.

I've been thinking about what the best Fugazi album is.

I think a lot of peeps would go with Rd Medicine or Repeater. I'm closer to Red Medicine, but to me, their best is IN on the kill taker .

That album is so strong and has no miss. So musical, unique and hard. Raw and personal. Arty and Catchy. Just brilliant.

I remember Steady Diet of Nothing being good but kind of a letdown after Repeater.

In on the Kill Taker however was freaking amazing. I remember I bought the LP and quickly realized it after putting it on the turntable.

I missed them on that tour but a friend saw them and said they had someone at all the shows on the mixing board doing crazy stereo dub effects. Wish I could've seen that!

Guest zaphod

i've seen ian mackaye around glover park and a couple of restaurants in d.c. he always looks one vegan pancake away from shooting up a school.

Archived