IGNORED

Global Communication - Back in the Box

Rubin Farr

Back In The Box doesn't seem to want to go back in the box. that cardboard slipcase is pretty damn tight. I like to keep all the packaging so I'm cramming it back in there.

Thought their set on Sunday night was really good. Played 30 mins of acid house (voodoo ray, LFO - LFO), then went into dubby downtempo stuff (recognise a few tracks but to be honest this kinda killed the mood in the arena a bit and the crowds thinned out a bit), then the last 30 mins was drum and bass and old school (adam f - circles, a photek tune I cant yet ID, Liquid - sweet harmony, robyn S - show me love (high contrast remix)

Great end to the festival

The only unmixed tracks missing that are included in the mixes are the Intro and New Track by Link and Tom's Edit/Re-pitch of the Speedy J track (it's in it's original version unmixed)

bliss

Think I like the repitched Speedy J more, and the original is already on the A.I. comp anyway.

Thinking of buying this, but I've never really listened to any DJ mixes et cetera. Thus a few questions are in place. Is the mixed version simply the aforementioned tracks woven together with no other editing? And is the unmixed version only a compilation with no edits at all? Or have Mark & Tom had their hands on each track with some remixing?

Thinking of buying this, but I've never really listened to any DJ mixes et cetera. Thus a few questions are in place. Is the mixed version simply the aforementioned tracks woven together with no other editing? And is the unmixed version only a compilation with no edits at all? Or have Mark & Tom had their hands on each track with some remixing?

The mixed version is a proper DJ mix (though the songs are mostly in full with minimal cross fades) CD 1 more upbeat Detroit Techno, CD 2 more spacey Ambient/IDM

The Unmixed is just the original tracks in Full (no edits or remixing) great selection.

The mixed version is a proper DJ mix (though the songs are mostly in full with minimal cross fades) CD 1 more upbeat Detroit Techno, CD 2 more spacey Ambient/IDM

The Unmixed is just the original tracks in Full (no edits or remixing) great selection.

I see.. I find it weird that the unmixed comp then bears the Global Communication title. Have to think about it, the mixed version costs only some 10 euros on Play.

It's worth it to get it mixed, and that's what this is about anyway. CD2, SO good!

Yup, I ended up buying the mixed CD. Not a big loss if it's not good since it cost only 5 euros per CD. But I lay heavy trust upon anything that reads Global Communication.

It's worth it to get it mixed, and that's what this is about anyway. CD2, SO good!

Yup, I ended up buying the mixed CD. Not a big loss if it's not good since it cost only 5 euros per CD. But I lay heavy trust upon anything that reads Global Communication.

You're not losing a cent here my friend. I've been driving up and down Pacific Coast Highway for 3 days and this is just destroying it everywhere i go.

You're not losing a cent here my friend. I've been driving up and down Pacific Coast Highway for 3 days and this is just destroying it everywhere i go.

Let's hope so. I feel I've listened to a lot of electronic music but that tracklist has loads of stuff I've never heard before, so I guess there's a reason to be sceptical.

So Juno has pulled the mixed version (or run out of it idk). I suspect this may be because of a bad pressing. The very tail end, and I mean the last 10 seconds or so, of disc 1 skip. They sent me out a replacement and that one does it too, but I'm sure NRK are pressing up a bunch more to replace those. In the mean time I'm sure the unmixed one is just as good.

So Juno has pulled the mixed version (or run out of it idk). I suspect this may be because of a bad pressing. The very tail end, and I mean the last 10 seconds or so, of disc 1 skip. They sent me out a replacement and that one does it too, but I'm sure NRK are pressing up a bunch more to replace those. In the mean time I'm sure the unmixed one is just as good.

I really hope it isn't a bad press... Play.com is probably the most awful place to shop customer service wise. They most likely won't give a shit if the record needs to be replaced with a better press.

Guest Globe

I bought both the mixed and unmixed versions of this due to the incredible track list and being an all round fan of Global Communication and everything they've done together or separately. I'm a bit pissed off though with the unmixed release - there are several tracks that just end abruptly on both discs, they are not edited to be shorter or don't fade out but actually just stop! I need to double check what tracks it happens on but I'd say at least 3 anyway. I can't imagine that this is a fault on the CDs given that it happens on both discs, anyone else got this unmixed version and experienced the same problem?

Archived