IGNORED

Why the fuck is the USA sucking hind tit on fucking blu ray releases?!?!?!?

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

If I walk into a god damn video shop in France, I can get Lost Highway in HD. But not in the US, I'm forced to pirate it. In fact, NONE of the films by one of the greatest American directors are available in his HOME COUNTRY on Blu ray, except for the shittastic Dune extended edition.

In Italy, I can get Strange Days on Blu Ray. This is a sci fi epic directed by someone who just won an Oscar, and produced by someone who has won multiple oscars and directed a little film by the name of Avatar. The Laserdisc is a showcase of sound mixing for home theater. And to top it off, the R1 DVD is non-anamorphic shit!

In Poland, I can get Jackie Brown on blu ray. I haven't checked lately, maybe that's come out in the US to.

But there are too many exmaples to name... and MANY of them have no release date for the US despite being out in foreigh countries for MONTHS!!

FUCK

most blueray players are regionless i thought, so why does it matter where the DVD is manufactured and sold in actual stores if you can buy all these on the internet?

Actually most are not (in the US anyway).

I am talking about Blu ray, not DVD. The PS3 is not Blu ray region free in america (outside of the US I understand it's sold W/PAL output and no Blu Ray region protection.)

And yes, I am aware of ebay, et al.

Maybe what you meant is that most blu rays are regionless or all region -- this is true: many more Blu rays are regionlness than DVDs. Ironically a lot of Sony Picutres releases are A,B,C region on Blu Ray...

I love blu ray cause it made dvd's a lot cheaper. I know it will eventually replace them completely but for the moment, I'm glad I can buy a film for 5 euro on dvd while some HD-social-status-fanatics will enjoy their 40 euro blu ray without even knowing what the difference is. :biggrin:

I'm glad I can buy a film for 5 euro on dvd while some HD-social-status-fanatics will enjoy their 40 euro blu ray without even knowing what the difference is

What? And what blu ray costs 40 euros?

I'm glad I can buy a film for 5 euro on dvd while some HD-social-status-fanatics will enjoy their 40 euro blu ray without even knowing what the difference is

What? And what blu ray costs 40 euros?

40 was maybe a year and a half ago, now most of them are somewhere between 20 and 30 in Germany, I think. but I rather buy a dvd for 5 bucks and get the film in a very good quality (imo). I don't own an HD tv and I don't plan on getting one soon, I'm saving for a cheap projector that won't be in HD either.

I mean there are people who will throw away their dvd collection and spend their money on blu ray when you tell them that blu ray is newer and better, yet some don't even know WHY they are better, they just get it for the sake of having the latest shit.

Yeah after buying a lot of dvds I just download shit. I can't be arsed to start collecting a new format, movies are always available sooner and more conveniently on the internet anyways. XBMC rules my movie collection these days.

A lot of films aren't work upgrading.. but I've been surprised at how many films I like more, or gain a new appreciation for, just from seeing them in high definition. This is why I have to have Blu Ray now. the only way I'll consider DVD is if a blu ray release is unlikely in the near future and I can't find an HDTV rip online.

vlcsnap2011021400h19m09.png

vlcsnap2011021400h20m12.png

I love blu ray cause it made dvd's a lot cheaper. I know it will eventually replace them completely but for the moment, I'm glad I can buy a film for 5 euro on dvd while some HD-social-status-fanatics will enjoy their 40 euro blu ray without even knowing what the difference is. :biggrin:

you must have a shit TV. and also blue rays are pretty cheap over here nowadays.

Archived