IGNORED

All Ochre albums - Pay what you want - on bandcamp!

Guest xolve

Yup.

Including the seminal Midsummer Nice Dream, all of Ochre's albums have been released on bandcamp for the chiefly sum of - whatever you want. That includes zero.

Nice time to grab them:

http://ochre.bandcamp.com

More on Chris's blog here:

http://ochremusic.com/2011/02/03/name-your-price/

Not new releases I know, but certainly a new price and delivery format. And an extremely generous one.

Love these albums. Midummer Nice Dream and Lemodie also come with the CD pre-gap 'hidden' tracks. Bit disconcerting in his blog though that he hints he might not release any more records. That would be criminal.

Love these albums. Midummer Nice Dream and Lemodie also come with the CD pre-gap 'hidden' tracks. Bit disconcerting in his blog though that he hints he might not release any more records.

Don't think he's hinting that- though he does say that it's impossible to make a living doing it nowadays, which is true.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I got Lemodie and Like Dust of the Balance when Benbecula was selling CDs for tuppence about a year ago. I think Lemodie is my favourite.

Oh, any recommendations for first album to listen to??

I Think his first, Midsummer, is the best starting point. It's mixing is fairly laid back and chill compared to the others, which get a bit more adventurous.

Oh, any recommendations for first album to listen to??

I Think his first, Midsummer, is the best starting point. It's mixing is fairly laid back and chill compared to the others, which get a bit more adventurous.

I forgot about this thread, but I started from there anyways... fantastic album!! I quickly moved on the Lemodie and it's almost as good (so far). This guy is awesome!! I hear tones of BOC, Plaid & Autechre all rolled in here. Anyone who hasn't checked him out has NO excuse now.

I got into his 'Volume 1-3' works first, then got lemodie, then midsummer... so I worked backwards :) But Midsummer is nice to start off with, particularly if you're a fan of BoC or Plaid.

Archived