IGNORED

Racism and you

Guest thepilot

Guest thepilot

I moved from the northern united states to the state of north carolina as an open-minded, super-liberal idealist. I was blatantly and proudly opposed to any discrimination of any form, truthfully I was on the verge of becoming a human rights activist, constantly coming to the defense of the minority, the marginalized, and the impoverished. After nearly six years of residence in north carolina, I am unafraid to admit and quite comfortable with the fact that I am now a racist. Does this make me a vile and contemptible entity working in opposition to a progressive human society? I think it might really, but be that as it may, I am quite amazed at how experience serves to mold our ideals. Gracias por leyendo.

Guest ezkerraldean

what makes you say you is racist then?

i got called a "paleface fuck" by a native guy recently. and some pakistani kids shouted "white cunts!" at me and a mate once and tried to egg us. both events were highly lollable

i'm not actually racist by the way wattum lol

I moved from the northern united states to the state of north carolina as an open-minded, super-liberal idealist.

*deep breath, blood pressure rises slightly*

After nearly six years of residence in north carolina, I am unafraid to admit and quite comfortable with the fact that I am now a racist.

I don't even need to get to the question before I tell you, yes, you are a total asshole and you are weak-minded.

(/thread?)

Nah but I think you've got some serious growing up to do...all scientific data shows that all human beings are too close genetically for it to actually effect intelligence on any significant scale.

Eh, welcome to my life. The African immigrants in my area pretty much made this place uninhabitable, fucking mass-immigration and forced multiculturalism... if I wanted to experience African culture I would take a plane and go to Africa :facepalm: I have a choice to not like African culture or Chinese culture or whatever, it's not racism, that word gets abused and tossed around like a rag doll.

"racism" is a form of ignorance.

and all of us can be prone to thinking in such ways. what we need to do is stop and say "oh, what I am thinking is ignorant." and move on. its not too hard, and i promise within a few days you will see great personal improvement.

the more you know

I don't think it's possible for humans to program themselves out of racism. People don't always choose to prefer one race over the other, but it's another thing entirely to act upon those feelings and commit acts of discrimination.

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: we don't need to cycle through this again

If you feel the reason for closing it was incorrect, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. Kind regards, We Are The Music Makers Forums Staff

Archived