IGNORED

Mind Bokeh is amazing

Guest Spittal

Guest Spittal

I need to figure out how Bibio processes his vocals primarily on all of the tracks on Mind Bokeh. I mean I recognize the massive amounts of vintage processing as in tape saturation and warble... It's just... there is something else.

I would love to contact him, if anyone has any leads?

He may be a really open guy willing to indulge, but in general (and from experience on Amon Tobin's own forum, where he answers some fans' questions) I think it's a bit frowned upon to ask how they accomplish specific bits. A gear list is one thing, but specific processes are a bit like asking a magician how his act works. Just my 2 cents

I do agree the vocals are quite nice though, I'd be most curious how he gets the feel of 'Jealous of Roses' and 'Light Sleep', 2 of my favorites form his latest albums

Guest hahathhat

I would love to contact him, if anyone has any leads?

maybe try myspace, but i wouldn't expect a quick turnaround on that

Guest Spittal

He may be a really open guy willing to indulge, but in general (and from experience on Amon Tobin's own forum, where he answers some fans' questions) I think it's a bit frowned upon to ask how they accomplish specific bits. A gear list is one thing, but specific processes are a bit like asking a magician how his act works. Just my 2 cents

I do agree the vocals are quite nice though, I'd be most curious how he gets the feel of 'Jealous of Roses' and 'Light Sleep', 2 of my favorites form his latest albums

Well, if anyone has any insights as to how he achieved this sound... particularly in his vocals, I would love to hear it. I mean I'm definitely not an audio idiot by any means he just has this sound that I crave.

Guest arcanum

Came in to say this, basically.

Guest Spittal

Well, I don't think I would ask him to reveal any secrets, I'm just curious. As a person who works in audio every day of his life, I like to have this mysteries... demystified.

Well, I don't think I would ask him to reveal any secrets, I'm just curious. As a person who works in audio every day of his life, I like to have this mysteries... demystified.

As previously posted though, wouldn't that take away all the magic? If you found out, you'd just hear that from then onward, and not the lovely magical sound you're so captivated by now.

A related example is when I first got the chance to talk to one half of the duo of Freescha, basically one of my favorite bands of all time. Immediately a rush of fanboy questions came to mind, one of which being "What's that blurry image on the cover of 'Slower Than Church Music' actually a picture of?" - I was met with a "I could tell you, but it would ruin it." and I insisted on being left in the dark. Ever since then, I've preferred to remain blissfully fascinated with things like that.

Yeah youtubes your best bet, I've chatted it up with him there quite a bit

I should add that it's mostly about non musical stuff. I realize asking fanboy questions would probably get no replies

Archived