IGNORED

Reality Check

Joyrex

Perhaps a 'marketplace' where they can list their ebay auctions would be a good idea - it's a central place where everyone can see and list their stuff for sale and not 'clutter' up any of the artist subforums with the occasional 'selling my Aphex Twin Limited Edition Biscuit that Richard himself took a bite out of when high on paint thinner at a rave' posts...

What does everyone else think about this?

I like it... but I thought that's what the Gearbox is?

The Gearbox is specifically for music gear, hence it's organization under EKT - this would be more for anything anyone would want to sell (although I'd prefer it stick to music-related stuff) and expose those links to the community here. Being in a central location also might cause others to purposely check it versus missing the occasional thread in the Artist subforums...

Oh, gotcha. It would likely get a good inter-watmm market going as well, which would be awesome.

OK, let's give it a try - after all, what's another subforum?

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Depends on if this month's hosting is covered or not :emotawesomepm9:

One thing you could do is make this thread solely for discussion of WATMM's future and the issues surrounding that, and then start a new thread focused solely on hosting costs. Post and update a monthly chart indicating the cost to host the site and how much of that cost was covered by donations (and so, implicitly, how much you and the other admins ended up having to front that month to cover the rest -- unless those are data you'd rather make explicit too). You wouldn't have to make any comment on the chart, but could let it speak for itself; and if it were posted in such a way that people clicked on it regularly, the data might give them an incentive to help out more consistently. This would also separate the purely monetary issue that was part of this thread's inception from all the other squabbles that this thread has run through in the course of these 14 pages.

joyrex if its such trouble to pay for the site every month you should think about selling it dont you think ???

i think there are lots of nice ppl who would love to run this forum and be part of its community

Begone, troll. I will never sell, give, donate or otherwise relinquish WATMM - not after all the hard work I've put into it over the years. If it goes away, it stays gone.

Depends on if this month's hosting is covered or not :emotawesomepm9:

One thing you could do is make this thread solely for discussion of WATMM's future and the issues surrounding that, and then start a new thread focused solely on hosting costs. Post and update a monthly chart indicating the cost to host the site and how much of that cost was covered by donations (and so, implicitly, how much you and the other admins ended up having to front that month to cover the rest -- unless those are data you'd rather make explicit too). You wouldn't have to make any comment on the chart, but could let it speak for itself; and if it were posted in such a way that people clicked on it regularly, the data might give them an incentive to help out more consistently. This would also separate the purely monetary issue that was part of this thread's inception from all the other squabbles that this thread has run through in the course of these 14 pages.

There's a donation meter mod that shows how much there is to go that I've been considering installing...

Also, just to note - I'm the only one that 'fronts' any money - I don't expect Chaosmachine or any of the Mods (although they regularly donate) to support the site financially since they already help me out tremendously with the running and maintenance of this place.

Hopefully another VigLinks payment will come in at the last minute like last month and keep things going. I think once the VL payments start flowing regularly, donations will be a small percentage of the intake here.

Good suggestion about this thread - perhaps later when I have some free time I'll remove all the non-discussion and rework it to better reflect that.

joyrex if its such trouble to pay for the site every month you should think about selling it dont you think ???

i think there are lots of nice ppl who would love to run this forum and be part of its community

Begone, troll. I will never sell, give, donate or otherwise relinquish WATMM - not after all the hard work I've put into it over the years. If it goes away, it stays gone.

lol im not trolling but that is a very typical way of thinking for ppl like you. if i cant be the boss of watmm no one will!

lol im not trolling but that is a very typical way of thinking for ppl like you. if i cant be the boss of watmm no one will!

"People like me"?

*takes a deep, deep breath*

would it be a breach of protocol for some mod to tell me what max's warn level is?

Less that yours, but he's working hard on catching up.

Also, thanks to the individuals who donated over the weekend - we're just about 15-18 bucks shy of this month's hosting costs (the renewal for the board took us down by 25.00), so if anyone's feeling generous...

This has probably already been suggested, but I think you could save some money without much loss to the site by ditching the blog add-on as well.

Done

Thank you good Sir! Always puts a pep in my step knowing the lights are on for another month!

oh good, i got up again thinking that i should. You da man patternoverlap

. tah ;-]

DON'T YOU DARE - You donate any more, and you'll own the damn site! :emotawesomepm9:

This has probably already been suggested, but I think you could save some money without much loss to the site by ditching the blog add-on as well.

Yeah, probably will - it's a nice feature, but still not ready for prime time according to some users...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived