IGNORED

Reality Check

Joyrex

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

the blogs are kind of buried somewhere off in the corner. i never think about them except regarding threads like this. you can go sign up for a wordpress real easy; on here it just seems half-baked and redundant.

I have a legitimate question:

Why, lately, does WATMM take for-fucking-ever to load? The site basically times out for me around half the time I'm trying to navigate around between forums. don't have this issue with any other sites I visit...

I have a legitimate question:

Why, lately, does WATMM take for-fucking-ever to load? The site basically times out for me around half the time I'm trying to navigate around between forums. don't have this issue with any other sites I visit...

Something's clogging your pipes to WATMM; plus we had to abandon the direct Luke Viia - WATMM server connection due to lack of donations :emotawesomepm9:

Joyrex,

I am still patiently awaiting the arrival of my reality check. Please double check with the post to make sure it has been sent as I would like to cash it soon.

also, :dry:

so joyrex, what's up with this vgi link crap?

I'm hoping it helps pay the hosting costs - all it does is if someone posts a link to an item on say Amazon or some other affiliated site, if the item is bought via the link from here, I get a percentage of the sale. Totally unobtrusive, and doesn't gordo up the forum with banner ads, which I was considering at one point as a way to offset the hosting costs without having to rely so much on donations or take money out of my pocket.

So we're going to encourage gear sale spam, and have constant threads about novels that we just think are so asssome. Or whenever there is a thread on this or that, joy will be there posting a link, hoping for the sale. hah.

Maybe it should be like amway. So like i get a cut too, if i post the amazon linkup before joy or the spambot(jk) does.

Also, i take it that chassis' isn't one of the 1000's reading my hot blog.

;-]

you know you can buy cocaine on amazon?

"Peruvian coca leaf capsules, 0.5 grams each, pure micro-powdered coca leaves. Proven energy - stimulating coca, great to restore your energy and stamina all day. Coca Leaves works to boost energy, sharpen the mind, reduce stress, enhance the immune system and provide natural healthy nutrition."

http://www.amazon.com/Peruvian-Coca-Leaf-Hierba-100ct/dp/B003I82UYU

you know you can buy cocaine on amazon?

"Peruvian coca leaf capsules, 0.5 grams each, pure micro-powdered coca leaves. Proven energy - stimulating coca, great to restore your energy and stamina all day. Coca Leaves works to boost energy, sharpen the mind, reduce stress, enhance the immune system and provide natural healthy nutrition."

http://www.amazon.com/Peruvian-Coca-Leaf-Hierba-100ct/dp/B003I82UYU

Well, thanks to Chaos posting that, we've probably got the hosting paid up for the next 10 years :emotawesomepm9:

I'm hoping it helps pay the hosting costs - all it does is if someone posts a link to an item on say Amazon or some other affiliated site, if the item is bought via the link from here, I get a percentage of the sale. Totally unobtrusive, and doesn't gordo up the forum with banner ads, which I was considering at one point as a way to offset the hosting costs without having to rely so much on donations or take money out of my pocket.

yeah it's cool, it's only anonying when the vgi site is down and thus no links work (has happened) effectively gordoing up the site. and maybe some members won't be happy with the idea of the site making money off the content they post.

yeah it's cool, it's only anonying when the vgi site is down and thus no links work (has happened) effectively gordoing up the site. and maybe some members won't be happy with the idea of the site making money off the content they post.

Not quite sure why if VigLink was down it would cause the URLs to fail... Chaosmachine would be better suited to answer that than me.

And as for members 'not liking it' - unless they're selling the content, I can't see why they would have an issue with it - after all, why post an amazon link or whatnot if you didn't want people to see and potentially buy it?

I don't see how it could be disliked by any users really. The only possible way it would piss me off is it it had one of those hover pop-up things over the link to buy something. They piss me off constantly. But I'm pretty sure that isn't what's going to happen.

You wouldn't think that the purchase-percentage thing would generate a huge amount of income. But there's plenty of businesses staying afloat just from that. I'm a member of one where you get points when you buy from whoever while logged in to the percentage maker's site. I build up points and can spend them on a number of things. I've had all sorts of goodies out of them for doing nothing but spending normally. There are no losers at all.

Hm, yeah, if Viglink's server is down, it will cause problems for outgoing links.. never considered that. Shitty implementation on their end :\

Other than that, there's zero reason why anyone should care. It's basically free money we've been throwing away by not claiming. From the user's perspective, it's completely passive. And if you're an affiliate, it won't overwrite your code, so don't worry.

After we get enough data from Viglink to see which affiliate programs are actually worth being in, we could probably get rid of it, and use my script instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Chatmm seems to have died. A possible cost saving measure to be made there?

Working fine here - we certainly didn't do anything to it...

Speaking of costs... we're at 38USD and the hosting is 50USD - anyone want to get an EKT or EKT Plus membership and bring us home and keep the lights on?

Archived