IGNORED

Fennesz Sakamoto

khov

google translation says

Christian Fennesz and Ryuichi Sakamoto unit "fennesz + sakamoto" again! "WORLD HAPPINESS 2011" also determine the appearance!

Is scheduled for release in July, by Christian Fennesz + Sakamoto Riyuuiti

Unit fennesz + sakamoto latest music album will be "0330"

The album will be called 0330. Either that or WORLD HAPPINESS 2011 :emotawesomepm9:

anyway, good news!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At first, i was a bit disapointed with it, as its way more abstract than Cendre but its a really strong release. Truly recommended. I wont ever be able to sing it under the shower but i keep on listening to those records.

I've only heard a few tracks so far as I can imagine it getting a little too overwhelming trying to tackle a CD (let alone the whole release) in one go. It's completely beautiful and there's amazing details in the backing ambience and subtle processing of the piano, so a definite thumbs up from me with this one. One thing I would prefer though is if there were fewer but longer tracks - it seems like a lot of the pieces have been curtailed from much longer performances and as a result sound more like extracts than fully formed songs (it doesn't help that some of the fade outs are so abrupt too)

I don't remember where but I read that every track is in a different key/scale and that he played (improvised if I recall correctly) one of these at each concert of one tour. That tour btw was broadcasted live on the internet, which I've seen a couple of times and which was quite nice too, sakamoto being accompanied by a couple of (other) string instruments.

Archived