IGNORED

A keyboard for touch-enabled devices.

cear

Guest El_Chemso

Pretty freakin cool. Just downloaded it. Thanks for the link. I have a slide QWERTY which is excellent but the one screen keyboard when its not slide is rubbish.

looks interesting, but it's probably too "experimental" from average Joe's POV to catch on...? if it takes a couple of minutes to explain this, it's probably too complicated.

On the other hand, i absolutely love Quicksilver and Launchbar, which are counterintuitive interfaces at first, but turn out to be really great tools, so good luck, 8pen.

Guest Babar

I totally hated the way it's marketed. It's like they decided to do it like apple, but instead of making a cool, short video that shows the product with few words, they made a video that show the concept with lots of words (+ little french accent in the girl's intonation).

at least they didn't choose an intensive post-rock song as audio background.

I totally hated the way it's marketed. It's like they decided to do it like apple, but instead of making a cool, short video that shows the product with few words, they made a video that show the concept with lots of words (+ little french accent in the girl's intonation).

at least they didn't choose an intensive post-rock song as audio background.

I don't know why you say that it needed to be shorter. The clip showed all i needed to know about an intresting concept that i probably won't use. ;-]

re: the pocketnow video - I'm already getting used to the layout after a few hours, and as far as the frustration he's on about... you can lift your finger between strokes (maybe that changed after he made his video?). The tilt problem is the exact same issue I have with a normal qwerty set up on my phone, so it's not like there's any added problem there.. and the app was free when I looked it up in the market (maybe that's a new perk too, I dunno?).

I never did get used to swype, which is the only other alternative my phone came with, so this is a welcome change. I hit the wrong key on the qwerty touch pad pretty often, and t9 and I have very different ideas about commonly used words.. i'm gonna try this app for a while and see how it goes

also, the dude in that video is extremely slow at moving his fingers. pick it up, old man!

I find this really hard to use, QWERTY is something most have been using for decades, learning this new setup is very tedious.

SlideIT for android is what i use, can type out stuff pretty dam fast, nothing with ever be as fast as the retro Nokia phones :emotawesomepm9:

Archived