IGNORED

Com Truise - Galactic Melt

Guest Com Truise

com truise is allover that well-polished, analogue, synthwave, funky fresh shit.

The funny thing is that most of the output you've heard is almost entirely software. I'm not sure how people got the notion that he's all analogue.

hum. i read it in a published description of his repertoire somewhere...most likely pitchfork if it was giving false info, sadly i don't remember. he does a good job of making his tunes sound old skool tho...

i believe he only has a few pieces of actual hardware...

Would you like me to take some photos of my gear? Give you the breakdown of how and when I use it?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Com Truise

com truise is allover that well-polished, analogue, synthwave, funky fresh shit.

The funny thing is that most of the output you've heard is almost entirely software. I'm not sure how people got the notion that he's all analogue.

Granted, I'm not 100% analogue., but I do use as much hardware as I can.

Guest Com Truise

just the name com truise turns me off so much. it's a gimmick name and not even an original one. makes me think he approaches his music the same way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so here's mine. Why does the name/alias have to be a direct reflection of the music? I could have called this project "Monkey's Stained Taint." If the music is solid, who really cares what it's called or how it's classified.

Guest Com Truise

Welcome to WATMM Mr. Truise. Keep the tunes flowing!

Thanks! I've been lurking for a few years.

Granted, I'm not 100% analogue., but I do use as much hardware as I can.

Hey seth-

I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing. I love your music and sound.

Would you like me to take some photos of my gear? Give you the breakdown of how and when I use it?

I wouldn't say no to that if you are offering. I'm always morbidly curious about production techniques of the artists I listen to.

Guest Com Truise

I wouldn't say no to that if you are offering. I'm always morbidly curious about production techniques of the artists I listen to.

I'll take some shots this evening, they'll be with my shit iPhone though. haha.

Always wondered if you might lurk here. Welcome, a lot of us are big fans here. Keep up the great work, looking forward to the new album!

just the name com truise turns me off so much. it's a gimmick name and not even an original one. makes me think he approaches his music the same way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so here's mine. Why does the name/alias have to be a direct reflection of the music? I could have called this project "Monkey's Stained Taint." If the music is solid, who really cares what it's called or how it's classified.

haha, no it doesn't have to be directly related to the music at all. in fact, i'm not sure i can think of any band name that's directly related to what they play aside from metallica. with the likes of wevie stonder, joy orbison, etc, its kind of a trendy name thing, that's all i was pointing out. makes me think dread zeppelin will make a come back.

Monkey's Stained Taint could be potentially really dirty music. although it might just be itchy and stink too though.

solid music is in the ear of the beholder and i really dont care about classifying any music.

Guest Apeofnaples

Nice one, Seth. I'm loving it. Looking forward to the album. I think I noticed a bit of The Black Dog woven into Polyhurt?

Great tunes, great visuals, congrats and keep it coming.

hum. i read it in a published description of his repertoire somewhere...most likely pitchfork if it was giving false info, sadly i don't remember. he does a good job of making his tunes sound old skool tho...

i believe he only has a few pieces of actual hardware...

not really, it doesn't matter to me whether you use hardware or software. fact remains, i like your stuff and it doesn't matter to me. you make music i like to listen to and show to my friends.

as a side note though, how come you respond to my statement here, yet not respond to my tweet asking if your upcoming LP (that i'm very much looking to) is going to have a UK or European distributor? i know you probably get bombarded with tweets, but i would like to know if have any info. if you don't it's cool, but if you know either way at least i can get myself sorted out ready to buy it.

as a side note though, how come you respond to my statement here, yet not respond to my tweet asking if your upcoming LP (that i'm very much looking to) is going to have a UK or European distributor? i know you probably get bombarded with tweets, but i would like to know if have any info. if you don't it's cool, but if you know either way at least i can get myself sorted out ready to buy it.

How does other Ghostly stuff get distributed? I would assume it would get the same distribution, no?

How does other Ghostly stuff get distributed? I would assume it would get the same distribution, no?

i wouldn't know. this is why i'm asking.

if i have to get it imported from the US, that's gonna suck because it'll most likely get destroyed in the post. it's bad enough things having to go through Royal Mail here, let alone going through the USPS too and probably having to pay quite a bit more for postage.

Guest hahathhat

yesplz. :flower:

Guest Com Truise

if i have to get it imported from the US, that's gonna suck because it'll most likely get destroyed in the post. it's bad enough things having to go through Royal Mail here, let alone going through the USPS too and probably having to pay quite a bit more for postage.

I talked to Ghostly on Monday, the have an EU distro. Not sure who. 2xLP!

Guest Com Truise

yesplz. :flower:

^ i second that motion

I didn't get around to it this evening, I'm trying to redo the Komputer Cast mini site, since it's shit for small screens.

Here is my list though:

Keys-

Oberheim Matrix 6

Korg Poly-61

SCI Split-Eight

Dave Smith MoPho (Key edition)

Yamaha PSR-4600

SCI Prophet 2000

Yamaha DX7

Modules-

Korg EX-800

Vermona Mono Lancet

Simmons SDS-8

TAMA Techstar TS-202

Guitar-

Ibanez Gio

Bass-

Epiphone EB-O

Pedals-

EHX Clone Theory

EHX Small Stone

EHX Memory Boy

Boss DRP-III

I've just started to my modular, so far:

Piston Honda

Hertz Donut

Polivoks VCF

Doepfer a-130

Doepfer 1-140

Make Noise Pressure Points

Mic-

CAD

The modular is kind of on hold since I'm in remix land, and getting ready for this tour. I really wish I could just stay home and finish it.

Guest Com Truise

Nice one, Seth. I'm loving it. Looking forward to the album. I think I noticed a bit of The Black Dog woven into Polyhurt?

Cheers!

Do you mean this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkpQQ9czJWc

I just looked it up, I definitely hear a bit of it in there.

I talked to Ghostly on Monday, the have an EU distro. Not sure who. 2xLP!

awesome, i'll be looking out for any info on where i can get my dirty grubby fingers on it. already ordered that 7" of the Franklin remix you did. wish that FOE mix you did was on wax, easily my favourite remix you've done so far.

thanks for the info

edit: 2xLP - does this mean it's gonna be two 45s? :emotawesomepm9:

Guest extherium

Oh sweet, Seth actually posts here.

Your music gets played occasionally on the radio here in Australia, which is where I first heard your stuff. Was instantly hooked. Keep it up!

Guest Apeofnaples

Cheers!

Do you mean this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkpQQ9czJWc

I just looked it up, I definitely hear a bit of it in there.

I'm probably tripping balls but I thought I heard the screwy voice from this in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JTEThKkrIg

We do be going mad to those Komputer mixes here, I always have to throw on an old Cronenberg or Carpenter score after :) Keep up the great tunes and designs

Archived