IGNORED

Turquoise Hexagon Corner

QBLA

First, I wish this was actually downloadable. Basically, these are mashups of BOC tracks and Hip Hop Acappels. So far the posts up on twoism have obviously lobsided. But personally, I liked what I've heard so far (the first 3). I don't consider myself a die hard BOC fan, but I do like them. And I for some reason love when someone comes along and does something like this to BOC for some reason... actually, I've heard good AE and Aphex ones as well. but yeah... here you go.

Hip hop is boring. I'm just pretty much over it, party music in general just doesn't make sense anymore. It's time for Pop to either turn the corner and find a new vibe, or just die. SO BORING this egocentric nonsense.

Guest ArbitersGround

Said it on Twoism, I'll say it here. Don't like 'em. Nothing against Rap inherently, but it's awkward to hear it over BoC's music. The atmosphere and imagery given in BoC's music and Rap music don't work well together as they're too diverse and different on their own.

What carries boc music for me is the beats. I am a Huge fan of Hip Hop (not all mind you). So this worked well for me.

When I listen to BOC I don't think of hexagons or trees or kids playin in the playground with they faces erased. I ease back and head nod!

Hip hop is boring. I'm just pretty much over it, party music in general just doesn't make sense anymore. It's time for Pop to either turn the corner and find a new vibe, or just die. SO BORING this egocentric nonsense.

It sounds like you haven't given hip hop much of a chance.

is there anyway to download this or do i have to rip it

that's what sucks... some were downloadable others weren't... so rip is the way... I really wanted that Busta Rhymes one and Snoop as well.

It sounds like you haven't given hip hop much of a chance.

I like some of it. It's just been exploited so much that it's hard to take the direction it's gone seriously now. That's just one person's opinion, so to each their own. There are still many talented hip hop artists and producers, and I don't need to offend them.

I haven't heard this yet but during ae's 12-hour webcast, they mixed boc and Eric b and rakim together and well I thought that was just killer. will check this out this afternoon, thanks for posting.

I haven't heard this yet but during ae's 12-hour webcast, they mixed boc and Eric b and rakim together and well I thought that was just killer. will check this out this afternoon, thanks for posting.

True. I could listen to this all day.

Yeah... I remember back in Coachella 99 when AE Dropped Microphone Fiend and Blifil... I was like... DAYUM! from that moment my love of Hip Hop was reinstated. because a few years prior I turned in my card because of the whole Gangsta Rap, Biggie Vs. Tu-Pac Debacle and Drive By Murders. I thanked AE for renewing my love of Hip Hop! So when I hear a Rap Verse dropped on a familiar IDM favorite. I instantly am gonna check it out!

Guest viscosity

When Ae laid some rapping over Arch Carrier, my head bopped nonstop.

link?

only heard something like it in remix

holy shit. a lot of these mashups were apparently done by peter serafinowicz of look around you fame: link

Oh wow. Love that guy.

Despite this, it seemed like they were always off the meter. Can't get behind it.

When Ae laid some rapping over Arch Carrier, my head bopped nonstop.

link?

It was in that really long podcast they did when Oversteps came out. I have my memory to go by, but it tells me that it was fuckin excellent.

holy shit. a lot of these mashups were apparently done by peter serafinowicz of look around you fame: link

Oh wow. Love that guy.

Despite this, it seemed like they were always off the meter. Can't get behind it.

might lend further credence to the 'boc secretly did the "look around you" music' rumour, too.

Archived