IGNORED

the Artist engages in an argument about the quality of their own music

awepittance

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the list was very half assed, sorry. The clark 'friend' comment was before the clark subforum and now i can't find the thread. Does anyone remember that one? Machinedrum apparently did not actually post on watmm, i was basing it on the comments of another member in this thread.

Yeah, I remember that one clearly. It was pretty obviously Bibio. He came in and defended Clark on the compression points, which was totally fair. Most people on here don't understand how compression really works and how just because something has compression, doesn't mean it doesn't have dynamics, and he broke this down for people. It was a strange thing though, and he continued to engage in a lengthy discussion / argument about it. But I happened to strongly side with him in that case.

I WANT THAT THREAD

@mrsausage1 Clark is one of the best producers out there, he knows more than most.

mrbibio 1 month ago

@Paycheck125 haha i dont think clark knows any other sound than that electronic stringy sound

mrsausage1 1 month ago

^Bibio defending Clark via YouTube

com truise also posted on his last.fm page earlier after somebody said something about him using presets.

i don't know why this stuff bothers you guys. if somebody came into your thread in ylc or you noticed a post in another thread elsewhere bashing you, you would probably defend your shit too, right? if they happen to notice your post on their vast internet travels why wouldn't they be allowed to set you straight?

hmm you're operating under the probably wrong assumption that Com Truise merely casually noticed somehow a last.fm thread, a twoism thread and a watmm thread about himself all around the same time period.... check out this website - http://www.google.com/alerts i'm pretty positive this is how these artists 'get wind' of these threads, maybe not Tycho but Com truise i'd be willing to bet all of my savings on

can someone find the threads from around 1995-1997 that i saw someone post in the Autechre forum where Sean Booth on usenet was arguing with people who didn't like LP5/Ep7 very much. He actually took a surprisingly bitchy tone than most other artists i've seen engaging in arguments online, but again this was 15 years ago or more

n/m found!

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/51244-the-peggy-babcock-appearance-in-usenet-20002001/page__p__1180327__hl__usenet__fromsearch__1#entry1180327

usenet name for Sean Booth = 'Peggy Babcock'

archives of all usenet posts by Peggy Babcock

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?safe=off&q=group:alt.music.autechre+author:babcock&scoring=d

It's not you, although I WAS miffed that you sent us that release, then ended up releasing with some other shitty net label like, 2 DAYS LATER haha. But no, it's not you.

noob i am. plus it was a shit album worthy of a shit netlabel. no doubt you guys will get my better material. sorry bout all the confusion i started on that :facepalm:

Archived