IGNORED

the Artist engages in an argument about the quality of their own music

awepittance

the list was very half assed, sorry. The clark 'friend' comment was before the clark subforum and now i can't find the thread. Does anyone remember that one? Machinedrum apparently did not actually post on watmm, i was basing it on the comments of another member in this thread.

Yeah, I remember that one clearly. It was pretty obviously Bibio. He came in and defended Clark on the compression points, which was totally fair. Most people on here don't understand how compression really works and how just because something has compression, doesn't mean it doesn't have dynamics, and he broke this down for people. It was a strange thing though, and he continued to engage in a lengthy discussion / argument about it. But I happened to strongly side with him in that case.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to hear criticism in general (on my own stuff and on other artists' work), and I also like to hear an artists' response to criticism. I think it's cool that both Tycho and Com Truise responded. I'm not familiar with Tycho's music, but his response seemed reasonable enough. Most artists do take some time before they develop a sound of their own, and it is unfortunate when musicians get written off for a couple things they did in the past that were derivative of something else. It's understandable that he'd want to set the record straight when he saw the chance. Com Truise seemed like a pretty funny likable guy. Hell, I hope more major artists randomly drop in here to discuss their music with us.

Guest Adam

the list was very half assed, sorry. The clark 'friend' comment was before the clark subforum and now i can't find the thread. Does anyone remember that one? Machinedrum apparently did not actually post on watmm, i was basing it on the comments of another member in this thread.

Yeah, I remember that one clearly. It was pretty obviously Bibio. He came in and defended Clark on the compression points, which was totally fair. Most people on here don't understand how compression really works and how just because something has compression, doesn't mean it doesn't have dynamics, and he broke this down for people. It was a strange thing though, and he continued to engage in a lengthy discussion / argument about it. But I happened to strongly side with him in that case.

I WANT THAT THREAD

is it awepittance?

is it wisp?

is it Dan C?

american.

Although Wispers (rephlex) is from upstate NY, I guess he is no longer perceived as American. IDM EURO TRANSCENDENCE!!!!!

i thought he was canadian for some reason. (sorry wisp)

Guest Adam

Awepittance, it is not you. He hasn't posted in this thread. Nor does he post often.

Global Goon!?

There is one american electronic musician that posts here that i want to tear to shreds for a few reasons, but i'm not going to call him out for being an utter d bag because i dont want to burn any bridges.

who you got da beef with?

Well, what I have to say, I wouldn't say to his face, so I'm not going to say it here, although in my heart of hearts, I'd really like to relay the story. Frustrated I am.

is it acidphakist?

lol

Guest AcrossCanyons

Awepittance, it is not you. He hasn't posted in this thread. Nor does he post often.

mr. ziq?

let's turn this thread into a game of guess who.

does he have glasses?

No one is going to guess it, and I'm not going to participate in a game about this. Global Goon nor ziq is american. Also, Global Goon is a stand up motherfucker. Cool in my book.

No one is going to guess it

:sad:

:sad:

It's not you, although I WAS miffed that you sent us that release, then ended up releasing with some other shitty net label like, 2 DAYS LATER haha. But no, it's not you.

Archived