IGNORED

the Artist engages in an argument about the quality of their own music

awepittance

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The inevitable next move in RDJ's chess game with fanboys is to release some devastating tunes under one of the following monikers:

John Coltrance

Rave Grohl

Acid Vicious

Ronnie Milrap

Modest House

or some other name that everyone will say "did you know dat name is sooooo stupid? 4 REAL" or "won't listen based on name thx"

Gotta admit it, I would've actively listen to someone with any of these names just for the name. I like both Com Truise and Wevie Stonder, but they ain't got shit on any of these.

There was a thread a few years ago when Wisp's 'NRTHNDR' had just come out. Someone was giving him a ton of flack for it, and Wisp tore him a new asshole in that thread. It was pretty great. Anyhow...

I usually try to comment on music in a reasonable, unbiased fashion. If I critique something in YLC, I usually try to give some pros along with the cons. I try really hard not to give any generalizations and tell someone outright that their music sucks, no matter what their status. If I don't like something, I'll say it's not my cup of tea.

I get really frustrated with people that make boring music and think they're the shit, though. There are a few here, but I won't make a list.

There is one american electronic musician that posts here that i want to tear to shreds for a few reasons, but i'm not going to call him out for being an utter d bag because i dont want to burn any bridges.

who you got da beef with?

Guest Iain C

these guys aren't artists, they're niche IDM musicians posting on a niche IDM forum, in the grand scheme of things this means absolutely nothing to anybody ever.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I wouldn't advise it, I don't think it usually comes off that great one someone who has been lurking pops up to defend their music. But it must be infuriating watching misinformation about yourself being dispersed.

If people are open to talking with their fans then maybe an email address or twitter is more appropriate. I liked hearing from Com Truise in that thread but it also kind of alters the thread in a way that it is less useful; it becomes more like reading the review of an album that the label puts out rather than an independent review.

There is one american electronic musician that posts here that i want to tear to shreds for a few reasons, but i'm not going to call him out for being an utter d bag because i dont want to burn any bridges.

Well, what I have to say, I wouldn't say to his face, so I'm not going to say it here, although in my heart of hearts, I'd really like to relay the story. Frustrated I am.

Well, what I have to say, I wouldn't say to his face, so I'm not going to say it here, although in my heart of hearts, I'd really like to relay the story. Frustrated I am.

is it acidphakist?

is it acidphakist?

page7_blog_entry17_1.jpg

Not as big name as the flahbulbadubdub, but I'm pretty sure he likes the flahbulb. He hasn't posted in this thread. Chances are, he won't even see it. Not phakist nor wisp nor awepittance.

I've been pretty open with mt flahbubububub rips anyway.

Not as big name as the flahbulbadubdub, but I'm pretty sure he likes the flahbulb. He hasn't posted in this thread. Chances are, he won't even see it. Not phakist nor wisp nor awepittance.

I've been pretty open with mt flahbubububub rips anyway.

All this convo begs the question: When is an artist taking their music too seriously?

there is no such thing as taking music TOO seriously.

there is and you are

if it is me i get a laugh out of the idea of defeating the purpose of this thread!

edit: id be surprised if sneaksta secretly wanted to tear me to shresds, we're facebook bros

edit2:Ian C , i know you can't help wanting to sit on my glistening hard penis with your nicely spread pussy lips, but this thread is not the place for it

Archived