IGNORED

Do you think 4 is his best work

oyster

Guest Sprigg

Girl/Boy will likely always be my favourite Aphex track, but 4 is definitely up there along with Xtal and The Waxen Pith.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

i honestly must rate 'Taking Control' as his best track. 4 and girl/boy etc are luscious, but as a boy into synthesizers i live the absolute fucking mania of this track. 54 cymru beats comes close, but has its lull bits. taking control is 110%. everything is interesting. i love love rdj album, but this one track nukes it still.

absolutely extraordinary yes. It also has the most amazing ghostsnareroll, according to http://www.whosample...Levee%20Breaks/ he samples. The song title is a bit odd cos its not pure drummachine. That kinda ruins it ALL to me, nah just kidding

edit: not the song title but the speech, doh

i dislike this piece of music. harmonically it sounds dry and lifeless, with no sense of direction, purpose, or resolution. The drums are simplistic and unsatisfying. The actual timbre of the organ-like synth is straight up bland. The only redeeming feature is the vocal.

I agree Ziggomatic is awesome. I remember thinking back in the day how I was a little disappointed by Drukqs, but after exhausting the rest of the Aphex catalog I went back to it and had a whole new appreciation for it. I can't imagine why anyone would have ever said that they thought it was a halfhearted effort on his part because listening to it now I can tell how much tedious sequencing it must have taken.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest capitan mission

Nope! I knew that I was in for the treat of my life not 10 seconds into vordhosbn.

Thats my favorite Aphex track, vordhosbn. Amazing. And Drukqs richard´s best album, I liked it for the first time.

Archived