IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Spelling nazi's will be put on trial and hung.

What possession of the spelling nazi will be hung?

Meat is hung, men are hanged. You pair of illiterate colonial plebs.

I assumed he meant the item would be well-endowed, you toothless limey.

"Our evidence shows that hung for hanged is certainly not an error. Educated speakers and writers use it commonly and have for many years. . . . " Hanged is, however, more common than hung

in writing. It is especially prevalent when an official execution is being described, but it is used in referring to other types of hanging as well. . . .

"The distinction between hanged and hung is not an especially useful one (although a few commentators claim otherwise). It is, however, a simple one and easy to remember. Therein lies its popularity. If you make a point of observing the distinction in your writing you will not thereby become a better writer, but you will spare yourself the annoyance of being corrected for having done something that is not wrong."

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage

, 1994

Edited by baph

went to get 2 front tyres replaced and had to wait 55 minutes for the work experience dipshit to do it... then notice he's not balanced them properly cos my car's shuddering on the motorway AND he's put them on the wrong fucking sides so the rotation direction is wrong... i take my car back to get them to fix their fuck up, park my car in the bay and start to walk to reception and the same little prick just appears and starts to jack up the back of my car without asking me what i was there for... i say "why are you jacking up the back of my car?" and he goes "duh... eh... what am i meant to be doing?"... i said "you need to swap my front tyres round and balance them cos you put them on the wrong sides and didn't balance them properly!" and he goes "aw... eh... duh... ok." unfuckinbelievable.

Edited by keltoi

"I say!"

he could not have made a better caricature of an Englishman if he'd tried.

Holy shit, you guys... I nearly just clogged the toilet at work. I feel like I should leave.

This is the pinnacle of first-world problems. We eat so much hearty, colon filling, toilet destroying food that it becomes a nuisance.

try eating some nihari with naan bread, homie.

nihari1.jpg

so heavy you'll develop an immediate sympathy for pregnant women. and the craziest thing is that people eat it for breakfast ("nihar" = morning)

dudes i need some Indian or I guess Pakistani food NOW

1st world problem?

Edited by baph

have you tried biryani, baph? there's many different kinds, but my mum learned to make this one particular kind (I think it's sindhi biryani, even she isn't sure) in student kitchens in Karachi. it's the bomb. my favourite food ever. you eat it with this yoghurt-based dressing and you basically orgasm with each bite.

chicken-biryani.jpg

it's actually the only thing I can cook, though it takes 3 fookin' hours(!) pm me if you'd like the recipe btw

I just PM'd the heck out of you.

I love biryani

that picture is making me all kinds of hungry

Edited by baph

no rush, I need to learn how to not fuck up cooking first, lol. But THANK YOU.

Edited by baph

i'm sitting here with a vest and underpants on, drinking beer. great combo but i want the super combo from adding a bowl of spaghetti to that. people in my house are a bit funny about me cooking at 1 am though.

balls.

Guest disparaissant

just had this conversation happen:

ex: i got turned down for this job i applied for

me: :(

ex: fuck you

also, tried to make pad thai but only had mai fun noodles lying around. so i tried it with that and its like. okay at best. but i forgot to add garlic, and it could just be so much better than it is.

plus i got a big old spotty grease burn because i didnt press the tofu well enough and one of em exploded from a grease/water thing and bloop! right on my arm.

just had this conversation happen:

ex: i got turned down for this job i applied for

me: :(

ex: fuck you

she sounds like a dickhead

Guest disparaissant

for reALz

i don't even know what's going on with her. it sucks. she's applied to a grand total of two jobs since she graduated and got neither and thinks the world is ending or something. idgi.

i'm getting a beer and wine belly but i'll be damned if i'm going to stop drinking beer and wine.

this, a million times this. i never really had a gut, but i do now, and it makes me feel crazy self-conscious—even more than usual. i'm trying to drink less beer and more liquor/cocktails, but beer is so goddamned satisfying.

my work shirts are gaping when i sit down. i've always been slim also. i don't like having chub.

i'm cutting down on food instead. i often eat too much at lunchtime anyway... maybe try and have more sex too, like really ramp it up to twice a month.

I don't eat a ton, and I don't even really drink too much, but sitting at a desk all day and being in a constant low-level stressed state has contributed to some chub around the midsection and I basically am not going to get rid of it now that I've hit 30 unless I hit the lotto and can quit my job and get a personal trainer and/or become a sex worker.

do you mean that being at a low-level of stress doesn't burn enough calories compared to high-level stress or that low-level stress directly causes chub and high-level stress would lead to even more chub?

*swings chub in the club*

sounds solid taubs, stressed people are fidgety and move a lot

twirling thumbs, tapping feet and shit,

so EAT MORE and MOVE MORE

Chronic stress means increased cortisol production, which can lead to an increase in abdominal fat1

I'm sure severe stress is worse. Severe stress is hardly ever good unless you're actually in short term fight-flight response mode.

But chronic low level stress and having to be sedentary for most of the week is pretty obviously a recipe for chub. I'm pretty fidgety at my desk but it hardly counteracts the fact that I'm sitting at a desk and dealing with "urgencies"

1See, e.g., http://stress.about..../a/cortisol.htm; http://www.scienceda...01120072314.htm; http://www.webmd.com...fat-heart-risks. There are better papers on this somewhere.

Edited by baph