IGNORED

CAN - Tago Magooooo

Swerm

This is an incredible album, been enjoying it loads recently. I'm not too familiar with this kind of music though...can anyone recommend something similar or perhaps as good? Nothing too prog rock cheesy mind...i've heard Acid Mother's Temple n I'm not into it...

faust - iv

neu! -s/t 1 & 2

kraftwerk - s/t 1 & 2

amon duul ii - phallus dei (maybe)

if you want more electronic-ish krautrock, check out:

cluster - zuckerzeit

harmonia - muzik von harmonia

there are many more than that though

You should also get Can's Ege Bamyasi and Future Days, all three feel pretty different and all three are good. Later Can quality drops off quickly after that.

And also Boredoms -- Super Ae, Vision Creation Newsun, and Seadrum/House of Sun.

Guest headonist

You should also get Can's Ege Bamyasi and Future Days, all three feel pretty different and all three are good. Later Can quality drops off quickly after that.

And also Boredoms -- Super Ae, Vision Creation Newsun, and Seadrum/House of Sun.

I agree with baph. Check out Ege and Future. There's no other band like Can. Be prepared to look around for a long time if you want to find something similar ;)

i love can. i can't think of anything else i listen to that sounds like them. but i agree with baph's suggestion of super ae!

Super Roots 7 by Boredoms is also great. Faust's self-titled is weirder than their other shit. And as for Amon Düül II, you may prefer Yeti to Phallus Dei.

And uh, yeah. Tago Mago is fairly untouchably great.

Faust's self-titled is weirder than their other shit

well, than some of the stuff that followed.

dunno CAN it's like the Velvet undrerground : you grow up over it someday

I'm not sure if I agree but what you said feels about right. CAN just doesn't do it for me like it used to.

Can is mood-dependent for me, maybe, I don't think it's maturity-dependent. Whereas I outgrew VU when I was, like, 11. :sup:

Archived