IGNORED

WANTED: Surfing On Sine Waves Ltd (Low number)

mcglockers

This is one of the few releases I am unable to make a strong emotional connection to as the melodies sound very generic. amber did a much better job with similar instruments

I'm jelly aswell, but, I would never understand why would you buy the same songs and music 4 times

I'm just trying to amass a museum like catalogue. I get a fair bit of hate for it.

Any AFX cassettes like RDJ Album or S.A.W. 85-92 are on the hit list too if anyone knows of any flying about.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Enter a new display name

IMG00187.jpgQuoth white labels from WARP and TVT, I would like the WARP white label for SOSW tho, as mine is the Rough Trade white label.

I just checked the link to your discogs collection in your profile page and I am amazed there is no official disease based on your case.

IMG00187.jpgQuoth white labels from WARP and TVT, I would like the WARP white label for SOSW tho, as mine is the Rough Trade white label.

I just checked the link to your discogs collection in your profile page and I am amazed there is no official disease based on your case.

lol PhonicBoy's discog collection is completely :wtf:

Do you really have 3 or 4 copies of everyone of the analords? TWO roland 303 Caustic Window 10"s? It seems you have duplicates, triplicate and quadruplicates of every release... Which is OK if there are noticeable differences... But it seems yours haven't

A few things can probably describe it through some peoples eyes, some would say a mixture of OCD, fanboyism, etc. lol I don't know really. I know there is lots of value in some of the rarer stuff, it's not getting easier to find these by any means. Pokemon syndrome, gotta catch 'em all, and there is this show called 'Hoarders'... I don't collect just Aphex related stuff, although that is what I have the most of, I just use this discogs account to keep track of it, haven't bothered to add the rest of my music collection to discogs

lol PhonicBoy's discog collection is completely :wtf:

Do you really have 3 or 4 copies of everyone of the analords? TWO roland 303 Caustic Window 10"s? It seems you have duplicates, triplicate and quadruplicates of every release... Which is OK if there are noticeable differences... But it seems yours haven't

I do have lots of 'duplicates' which are actually promo or white label versions that don't have a seperate discog release page or one hasn't been added, I haven't taken the time to add them myself but I try to put in the notes if it is a diff. version. Also an example is the Caustic Window vinyl, this is Joyrex J4 and J5 but 3 diff versions of each:

IMG00188.jpg

I do have 3 sets of Analords, the 4th is the digital download. One set is basically Mint, although I wouldn't describe any record as mint but they are new and unplayed, other set has been played but a couple of times, and the 3rd set is noticeably played (got the last set of them considerably cheap). I will buy a record, and if it's not up to par sometimes i'll try to find a better copy. Also sometimes if I find them cheap i'll snatch them up to eventually re-sell, and make some extra cash. Maybe some of you have seen stuff for sale by or bought from 'kuma.chan' he does this very well, buying/re-selling. When you know the potential value of something it makes it easy to wheel and deal. I will sell a set or two of the Analords as well as some of my other duplicates in time.

Amazing, your more mental than me. I've been buying off Kuma for a while he always gets good stuff in. Collecting like this means you always end up with duplicates though, I'm on 2 sets of analords, ICBYD, SAW 2 etc.

Pokemon syndrome

That's actually a term me and my friend use to describe such things. Like how we used to know every dinosaurs features and latin name by heart when we were kids.

or should we call him.... phonic boy ON DOPE!

or should we call him... phonic boy WHO OWNS VERY MANY RELEASES BY THE APHEX TWIN :fear:

On a seroius not, Phonic - Dou you want to rid yourself of any duplicates?

*serious

I am ON DOPE :rolleyes:

Thanks SPD! I'm thinking about upping that video recording of Aphex's set from 2008 Coachella that you helped out with :aphexsign:I've spliced in some random clips to fill the couple min. where I was changing discs and what not, and synced up that awesome recording of the whole set to match the sound as well, turned out decent

mcglockers, just look through my discogs and if there is something that you are interested PM me and i'll let you know if I'd part with it or make some kind of deal with you

Archived