IGNORED

Interview with Andrew McKenzie

mcbpete

The mysterious user 2062 posted link to a great radio/web interview a few days back in the rather convoluted Autechre / Hafler Trio thread. I'm reposting it here as it contains some pretty inspirational ideas in it (and has got rather lost at the bottom of the topic !), not just about music but about all kinds of creative forms and how choices & technology can both help and hinder ideas.

Other topics include creative thinking (and how cheese can inspire new functions to cameras !), how social networking affects the real and perceived distance we have between one another, Latvians vs Estonians, the purchasing of trousers and its links to downloading music, and our ability (or sometimes lack thereof) focus we have on ideas. So yeah, pretty wide ranging !

So put aside your expectations of the pretension that's usually associated with Andrew McKenzie and his Hafler Trio work and listen to this cool little interview. The interviewer appears a little out of her depth at times but I suspect that could well be a language issue, but yeah give it a go ...

http://www.mixcloud.com/miljons/mckenzie-interview-uncut/

(and see if you can last the whole 36 minutes without getting sidetracked by some other sort of communication device or technology :lol: )

• 1 month later...

We are planning a Teleconference today, you can ask mr. Andrew McKenzie a question or two, instruction how to join in on SimplySuperior.org. Conference sheduled at 20:00 Estonian time.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

we have a conference started in a hour from now, if some of our friends here want to join you can find instructions at the site. thank you very much.

• 1 month later...

Yes soon to be released on iTunes unfortunately their red tape policy is saying they can't approve it because of 'technical problems' we will work this out!

• 2 weeks later...

We just have Sean Booth from Autechre on the December conference. Interesting thoughs spread out...

any document or recordings of that?

Would be great to know what they have spoken about. I think it's a really interesting collaboration. Autechre aren't the guys working for galleries and art people so it's a bit strange to see them teaming up with such an theoretical projekt like H3O. I really like their 1st and 2nd installment while the last one was bit like it putting it over with the format. I would like to see a collaborational album on vinyl from them working on tracks made by them together.

Autechre aren't the guys working for galleries and art people so it's a bit strange to see them teaming up with such an theoretical projekt like H3O.

ive never thought of h3o as a fine art project.. i believe theyve said in the past that they enjoy the 'rare humor' of the hafler material...

Archived