IGNORED

Tottenham riots

funkaholic

If you dress a certain way and act a certain way then you must carry the consequences, fuck this victimization bullshit. A thug is a thug.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024001/Forced-strip-naked-street-Shocking-scenes-rioters-steal-clothes-rifle-bags-people-make-way-home.html

2sUD5.jpg

I bet this sissy twat also didn't discriminate this young thug and look at him now lol, next time change sidewalk pal if you're not going to defend yourself.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not in the least it was just a bit emotional is all

you're definitely right - it's doubtful it will get replayed.

it won't get replayed because duggan died from a single shot to the chest (according to the inde investigation findings) rather than from having his head blown off.

If you dress a certain way and act a certain way then you must carry the consequences, fuck this victimization bullshit. A thug is a thug.

http://www.dailymail...e-way-home.html

2sUD5.jpg

I bet this sissy twat also didn't discriminate this young thug and look at him now lol, next time change sidewalk pal if you're not going to defend yourself.

i'll bet you've never been on the receiving end of thugs over here in the UK?

i have. simply crossing the street doesn't do anything to stop them. and it's very easy for you to talk about 'defending' oneself when you're not the one in the situation.

tldr: stfu

It is easier to destroy than build, these fuckers want everything for nothing. The vast majority were the sort to mess about in school, get shit grades then go on the dole and immediately moan about how difficult it is for them to get a job, blaming all but themselves. Work ethic for many is dead.

not in the least it was just a bit emotional is all

you're definitely right - it's doubtful it will get replayed.

it won't get replayed because duggan died from a single shot to the chest (according to the inde investigation findings) rather than from having his head blown off.

And he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Guest Valued Customer

is there anything people in London can do to help right now or is it not safe to leave the house?

Guest Iain C

is there anything people in London can do to help right now or is it not safe to leave the house?

It probably depends on where you are but I'm not seeing any reports of serious unrest at the moment - whether it kicks off as the evening draws in, I have no idea. Hackney was going from about 4pm yesterday so we may find out soon.

Where I work on the South Bank, everything's fine - but this isn't really a residential area so no surprise there. Stratford was totally fine last night, despite everything being closed and shuttered, in contrast to a lot of the surrounding areas. I think the police are keeping it tightly locked down so it doesn't become an Olympics PR disaster. Apparently shops are closed there again this afternoon.

latest news of trouble at southside shopping centre, wandsworth and things flaring up in wimbledon.... my mate in clapham junction just emailed me to say he just saw about 30 masked teenagers leg it past his office...lots of people being sent home early from work, but unfortunatley not me.

Guest Gary C

Jesus, this new layout is making us all more irritational than ever. We had this decided pages ago.

Saturday was a legitimate protest that got hijacked by militant members of the community who wanted to burn stuff. A mob-mentality took over that resulted in looting.

On Sunday morning the police brought in measures that meant that they could stop, search and detain anyone with any random suspicion that they could think up. More riots were always on the cards as the kids had seen that they could steal whatever they wanted and get away with it as long as they attacked in numbers. The police brought in the measures somewhat rightly to help maintain safety, but it did rile up a little more hatred in the struck areas that simply wanted to lay-low and get away from the media.

The scale of Sunday night was a shock, but last night was a failure by the police.

These kids are no longer affiliated with the Saturday riots. I bet most of them don't even know why it started. They're no longer just angry black youths, now they're poor inner-city kids who want to get their hands on all the things they can't afford.

Who's to blame for these kids? Governments and local boroughs dropping funding for youth-centres and schemes. Their parents for not exercising enough control over their kids in the last couple of nights. A systematic attitude within the police that the poor black residents of London are criminals by default. And our American-ised culture of bling and arrogance, in which all these kids have to define themselves are their postcodes and products.

I'm not completely adverse to water-cannons, but even giving the police rubber/plastic bullets is a dangerous escalation. If and when one of these kids gets shot dead, who's to say that their older siblings won't head out onto the streets after them with guns too?

A telecommunications blackout may stem the ability of these kids to co-ordinate the riots, but it will also cut off the law-abiding members of the general public too. It won't solve the root of their problems either.

As these kids aren't really politically motivated, they're just hungry for status and recognition, and have no leaders it's hard to judge when an end may occur.

Naming and shaming the kids is a good step as it will get their own communities involved in hoping to control them, but I'm sure there will be revenge attacks by certain groups and factors as a result. But I don't know really, here's hoping they just get bored and tired and give up.

I tried to write this earlier, but I don't think it worked then either.

Jesus, this new layout is making us all more irritational than ever. We had this decided pages ago.

Saturday was a legitimate protest that got hijacked by militant members of the community who wanted to burn stuff. A mob-mentality took over that resulted in looting.

On Sunday morning the police brought in measures that meant that they could stop, search and detain anyone with any random suspicion that they could think up. More riots were always on the cards as the kids had seen that they could steal whatever they wanted and get away with it as long as they attacked in numbers. The police brought in the measures somewhat rightly to help maintain safety, but it did rile up a little more hatred in the struck areas that simply wanted to lay-low and get away from the media.

The scale of Sunday night was a shock, but last night was a failure by the police.

These kids are no longer affiliated with the Saturday riots. I bet most of them don't even know why it started. They're no longer just angry black youths, now they're poor inner-city kids who want to get their hands on all the things they can't afford.

Who's to blame for these kids? Governments and local boroughs dropping funding for youth-centres and schemes. Their parents for not exercising enough control over their kids in the last couple of nights. A systematic attitude within the police that the poor black residents of London are criminals by default. And our American-ised culture of bling and arrogance, in which all these kids have to define themselves are their postcodes and products.

I'm not completely adverse to water-cannons, but even giving the police rubber/plastic bullets is a dangerous escalation. If and when one of these kids gets shot dead, who's to say that their older siblings won't head out onto the streets after them with guns too?

A telecommunications blackout may stem the ability of these kids to co-ordinate the riots, but it will also cut off the law-abiding members of the general public too. It won't solve the root of their problems either.

As these kids aren't really politically motivated, they're just hungry for status and recognition, and have no leaders it's hard to judge when an end may occur.

Naming and shaming the kids is a good step as it will get their own communities involved in hoping to control them, but I'm sure there will be revenge attacks by certain groups and factors as a result. But I don't know really, here's hoping they just get bored and tired and give up.

I tried to write this earlier, but I don't think it worked then either.

+1

Guest Iain C

i never liked darcus howe

I've always had him down as a bit of a coco shunter... wait, no, that's Robert Elms. Do you know Robert Elms?

are you really surprised?

More of him:

[media='']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcuo-VLrfYE[/media]

His finest moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haJ_sl6Bh6A&t=10m42s

10mins 42.

As ever, Chris Morris is massively ahead of the times. This episode is frighteningly similar to stuff we've had over the past few days

are you really surprised?

More of him:

[media='']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcuo-VLrfYE[/media]

His finest moment...

http://www.youtube.c...l6Bh6A&t=10m42s

10mins 42.

As ever, Chris Morris is massively ahead of the times. This episode is frighteningly similar to stuff we've had over the past few days

OH MY LOL

Guest Lady kakapo

i never liked darcus howe

I've always had him down as a bit of a coco shunter... wait, no, that's Robert Elms. Do you know Robert Elms?

What's a coco shunter?

Guest Iain C

Aaand I've just been told that I can go home early if I like. I'm not sure it's necessary... but on the other hand, I could beat the rush hour!

Guest Rambo

Sure, these are dickheads but it's undeniable that this kind of thing tends to happen during bleak times and that's what we're in right now. We also live in a society which is ridiculously individualistic with barely any sense of community either.

2sUD5.jpg

i have. simply crossing the street doesn't do anything to stop them. and it's very easy for you to talk about 'defending' oneself when you're not the one in the situation.

You talk like there aren't any thugs like these dipshits in Lisbon, Paris, etc.. it's exactly the same.

2sUD5.jpg

You talk like there aren't any thugs like these dipshits in Lisbon, Paris, etc.. it's exactly the same.

you're kind of talking like that too by suggesting crossing the street. crossing the street will make you look like a more vulnerable target.

Archived