IGNORED

Tottenham riots

funkaholic

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been reading about this all morning. Pretty crazy, but I bet they'll feel kinda dumb after they realize that Vancouver still has the "First World's most riot" :sup:

video from the guardian of young people discussing what they think the effects of shutting 8 of the 13 youth clubs, from july 31st, here.

Not saying that this and the riot from yesterday are linked, but interesting none the less. There really is a 80's revival going on!

Guest mohamed

Been reading about this all morning. Pretty crazy, but I bet they'll feel kinda dumb after they realize that Vancouver still has the "First World's most riot" :sup:

haha

Riot over the shooting of a "Gangster" who shot at Police?

or maybe not... Guardian reporting that apparently the bullet in the coppers Radio was police issue. Either a gangster with a Met firearm, or the police doing some typically inept attempt at a cover up :facepalm:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/07/police-attack-london-burns

from BBC news:

Police have condemned a wave of "copycat criminal activity" across London in a second night of looting and disorder following riots in Tottenham.

More than 100 people have been arrested as officers were attacked, police vehicles damaged and shops looted and damaged in parts of London.

Disorder spread to Enfield, Walthamstow and Waltham Forest in north London and to Brixton in the south of the city.

hmmmm, can anybody see the common thread here?

Guest hahathhat

or maybe not... Guardian reporting that apparently the bullet in the coppers Radio was police issue. Either a gangster with a Met firearm, or the police doing some typically inept attempt at a cover up :facepalm:

i'm only just starting into this whole story, but this seems pretty key. if a cop fucked up and shot some some dude at a peaceful demonstration, well, the fuck do you expect? the people that show up to demonstrate are emotional in the first place; they want to make some noise. the cops shoot one of them and lie about it, and this understandably causes triggers riots. right after the initial outburst, the vultures move in to take advantage of the chaos and steal TVs.

either that, or the cops are innocent, the riots were triggered by the vultures in the first place, and they're the dicks for causing problems in order to steal TVs.

i'm only just starting into this whole story, but this seems pretty key. if a cop fucked up and shot some some dude at a peaceful demonstration, well, the fuck do you expect? the people that show up to demonstrate are emotional in the first place; they want to make some noise. the cops shoot one of them and lie about it, and this understandably causes triggers riots. right after the initial outburst, the vultures move in to take advantage of the chaos and steal TVs.

either that, or the cops are innocent, the riots were triggered by the vultures in the first place, and they're the dicks for causing problems in order to steal TVs.

no - this dude:

article-2022670-0D4F6A9600000578-858_233x343.jpg

was shot by cops for allegedly shooting at them first and hitting one of them, hence him getting shot in retalliation. this was last thursday the 4th august. then on saturday night a load of angry members of his family and friends headed down to the local police station to protest about his being shot. this "protest" then turned nasty and ended in a riot which in my view was just an excuse to go on a massive looting and destruction spree and has helped no-one. stupid fuckers demolished the post-office where they all pick up their benefit cheques. they'll be rioting about that next...

Guest hahathhat

ok then, chalk it down to yet another case of stupid and angry people being stupid and angry. F5 on news cycle

opportunistic, thieving, no-hope, no job, loser fucking idiots being opportunistic, thieving, no-hope, no job, loser-fucking idiots is more accurate. fuck these people man, protesting about matey being shot was the fucking last thing on their minds.

mob mentality, it only takes one or two people to start throwing things and everyone joins in, morons. never understood rioting really, it achieves fuckall positive

Guest hahathhat

opportunistic, thieving, no-hope, no job, loser fucking idiots being opportunistic, thieving, no-hope, no job, loser-fucking idiots is more accurate. fuck these people man, protesting about matey being shot was the fucking last thing on their minds.

you can't blame idiots for doing what idiots do. blame whoever fucked these particular idiots over, and blame yourself for doing nothing about it.

mob mentality, it only takes one or two people to start throwing things and everyone joins in, morons. never understood rioting really, it achieves fuckall positive

this is true.

no - this dude:

article-2022670-0D4F6A9600000578-858_233x343.jpg

was shot by cops for allegedly shooting at them first and hitting one of them, hence him getting shot in retalliation. this was last thursday the 4th august. then on saturday night a load of angry members of his family and friends headed down to the local police station to protest about his being shot. this "protest" then turned nasty and ended in a riot which in my view was just an excuse to go on a massive looting and destruction spree and has helped no-one. stupid fuckers demolished the post-office where they all pick up their benefit cheques. they'll be rioting about that next...

Indeed, I completely agree. I've just bolded the bit which to me seems the trigger to firstly the apparently peaceful protest, and then what a lot of people were claiming was the reason for the riots. The IPCC will hopefully uncover what really happened to Mark Duggan. However the riots have just been an excuse for twats to vandelise, destroy and steal. Literally pissing on their own door-step, and making shithole areas even worse.

you can't blame idiots for doing what idiots do. blame

whoever fucked these particular idiots over, and blame yourself for doing nothing about it.

wtf? yes I can blame them and I do - nobody "fucked them over", most of the problems they're supposedly angry about are of their own making and in their own power to rectify - this is exactly the problem in fact, these people are apparently just generally angry about unemployment and all the usual stuff, except they refuse to get a job if it's not what they think they want (usually something wholly unrealistic they are not remotely qualified for) - "I ain't fucking doing that" is their attitude a lot of the time...but they're happy to fucking collect benefits every week and go round robbing other people of the money and goods they have legitimately earnt.

Archived