IGNORED

apples

keltoi

i like golden delicious myself. actually, i love all apples. except for the mushy or mealy ones. i have an apple tree in my backyard,. it is totally awesome for attracting deer and bear to take giant shits while they munch away on my precious fruit.

i had a gala today and it was watery and tasteless. i ate it anyway but it was not as enjoyable as a pink lady.

not sure if i've sampled braeburn but i will do so now.

also post more pictures of apples that look like butts.

Guest Coalbucket PI

My apple of choice is also the Pink Lady, although I also dabble in Jazz Apple although I'm not sure if I just like the name

they also work well in cooking (stuffed pork chops with apples)

pink lady scliced into salads with iberico or parma ham and dressing with balsamic, olive oil, salt and pepper. the sweetness goes so well against the salty ham and dressing.

sliced.

What's sad is that there's like five breeds of apples sold in mainstream markets, when in fact there are strains of apple that are thousands of years old, yellow apples that taste like lemon, apples totally pure white inside, apples that taste like peach, strawberry, donut-shaped apples, apples with pink flesh -- my mind was blown when I paid a visit to Weston's Antique Apples one summer.

Guest futuregirlfriend

If you're a stats man then this is your site. Could be a line of Top Trumps in this http://www.orangepippin.com/apples

The comments on each apple are worth a look too

20 Apr 2008 Audrey Landis SOMERSET,PA, United States

I always bought Galas until I tasted Braeburn I do not think I will buy them anymore. My favorite now,is a Braeburn.I just love them they are so firm and crispy.It is a great diet snack apple just having one and a tall glass of skim milk satisfies you until the next meal.And if you are hungary before bed a nice warm glass of skim milk and a Braeburn is better for the stomach than a heavy snack and you feel relaxed and sleep better.

26 Aug 2010 John SOMERSET, United Kingdom

I hope Audrey Landis also of Somerset (but on the other side of the pond) or anyone else who eats any apple before bedtime, cleans their teeth afterwards as apple acid is very corrosive to teeth. Sorry to sound like a killjoy, though Braeburns are lovely apples

Guest 277: 930-933

Big fan of Fujji's, Braeburn's, Gala's and Pink Ladies.

All of them lovely.

A good green apple can be great too, can't think of any names at the moment.

I would say Pink Lady, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Braeburn, Russet and then Gala.

In that order!!

It seems we have some people who know a good apple on here.

I love apples :wub:

i eat a tonne of apples a week. my favourite is 'Pink Lady'... so sweet, crisp and refreshingly fizzy...

Granny Smith apples

+1

Most recently we had big bags of Pink Lady and Granny Smith. Both delicious.

Guest Coalbucket PI

What's sad is that there's like five breeds of apples sold in mainstream markets, when in fact there are strains of apple that are thousands of years old, yellow apples that taste like lemon, apples totally pure white inside, apples that taste like peach, strawberry, donut-shaped apples, apples with pink flesh -- my mind was blown when I paid a visit to Weston's Antique Apples one summer.

I tried a bunch of wacky apples at an orchard once but a lot of them sucked and the others just didn't keep which is why you don't see them.

I used to live behind an orchard and the farmer didn't sell any of the apples in this country, he packed them all up and sent them to Australia.

I had to steal them just to have one! The world's gone mad!

Guest Deep Fried Everything

... apples with pink flesh...

just got a pink pearl that's this precisely, i'm anxious to try it!

Archived