IGNORED

apples

keltoi

i like golden delicious myself.

Golden Delicious are great. They are my second preference to Pink Ladys. Granny Smith are too tart for me.

i love apples, and i am allergic to most of them. sometimes i just have to have an apple and suffer the itching in my mouth.

Red Gala for me.

hardcore! never heard of anyone being allergic to apples. what is it in particular you're allergic to? are you allergic to other foods?

Guest Gravity

they also work well in cooking (stuffed pork chops with apples)

pink lady scliced into salads with iberico or parma ham and dressing with balsamic, olive oil, salt and pepper. the sweetness goes so well against the salty ham and dressing.

sliced.

Sounds pretty good.

hardcore! never heard of anyone being allergic to apples. what is it in particular you're allergic to? are you allergic to other foods?

i am allergic to peaches, nectarines (which are peaches also, confusing) and some nuts too. it helps if i peel them. cooking makes ´em all edible

i have heard it could be some pollen from other trees or plants that causes it, but i still get some mild itching even when removing the skin, so there must be something in there that my system doesn´t like.

Golden Delicious used to be my favorite. I can't remember what apple is my favorite now though, I know it's red.

Granny Smith Apples have always been my second favorite. Uniquely sour, and fantastic for apple crisps/pies.

Either way, I prefer citrus fruits.

Oh wait, no, I never cared for Golden Delicious, I was thinking of the Honey Crisp, which is a fantastic apple.

Alright, it's essentially a 3-way tie between Pink Lady, Granny Smith, and Honey Crisp for me.

I don't enjoy Fuji apples. They are a bit powdery. At least I think those are Fujis.

Royal Gala are my 3rd favourite after Pink Lady and Golden Delicious, but they lack the punch.

i have five apple trees in my back garden.

two of them are very young, planted the year after my son was born (1998). the fruit is red and very sweet, not sure of the exact variety, but they're not really viable yet, maybe get max 30 apples off each of them in a season.

the other three are very old; my house is a hundred years old, and the trees could be as old.

one of them is HUGE and produces literally hundreds of gigantic green cooking apples. if you were to eat them you'd have severe indigestion but they make excellent apple pie or tart.

but the remaining two are the interesting ones. apparently they're of some variety that's more or less extinct. the apples are kinda small, goldenish-green, and very sweet and delicious. i suppose the closest modern analogue would be cox's pippin, but they definitely taste a little different to those.

i also have a plum tree that i get a fucking million plums off every late summer/autumn. they're really sweet and juicy and amazing.

I had a black bear on it's hind legs helping himself to my apple tree before dinner tonight. my house is in an old old apple orchard. there aren't many apple trees left around my neighborhood but the one in my yard is absolutely gigantic as well.

honeycrisp

jazz (cross between gala and breaburn)

breaburn

mcintosh

fuji

jonagold

cox's pippen (or something similar to it that I tried a few years ago, flavor almost like a honeycrisp but starchy texture. Fresh)

(I sell fruit at market, apple season is the best)

I've recently been getting into Pink Lady apples. I have one in a mug on my desk which I plan to consume in a couple of hours!

I used to really love removing the core of a Granny Smith, putting it on a plate, filling it with sugar and then microwaving until the sugar melted. I don't do it anymore but I recommend giving it a try, pretty awesome!

i am allergic to peaches, nectarines (which are peaches also, confusing) and some nuts too. it helps if i peel them. cooking makes ´em all edible

i have heard it could be some pollen from other trees or plants that causes it, but i still get some mild itching even when removing the skin, so there must be something in there that my system doesn´t like.

Interesting. I'm not allergic to apples but I'm mildly allergic to most melon varieties, bananas, and kiwifruit. I had a custard apple once and it made my lips swell up! Most of the time it's just itching though, so I endure it when I want to eat watermelon.

Archived