IGNORED

Post videos you have made for your own tracks

perunamuusi

Has anybody made ant videos for their own tracks (or anybody else's tracks i suppose) but ideally for your own.

I have experimented with it but the only video software I've ever had is Windows Movie Maker.

I started making this a couple of years ago with MSpaint and WMM....

It took a couple of hours I think.

I quite like how it came out. I enjoy the laborious process of using the shittest tools too.

Don't suppose I'll ever make it any longer. The track was about 3.30 in length originally....

Oh well. Show me yours please.

[youtubehd]6cZGGzDQJ8o[/youtubehd]

edit: that should've said any videos (instead of ant videos) though ant videos are welcome.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i made this because i felt like beating the crap out of LUDD's stupid video

i made this because videos are cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI8_0bjvINE

i made this because i felt like beating the crap out of LUDD's stupid video

i made this because videos are cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI8_0bjvINE

brilliant. love that amazing reflecting effect on found footage. never seen anything quite like it before. really staggering

kmfdm, is that you?

well spotted. that band is basically my buddy i used to work at AOL with and me. every year now he flies out and we record an album in a week (well, an EP one year and the LP the next, but another LP this year.) we're both fans of the old 242/KMFDM/Ministry style ebm industrial silliness. it's completely ridiculous. but fun as hell.

thanks!

they're all shot by just me and eric (the guy that's in all the other vids). just a couple of 5DIIs and a few reflectors. the 'burning grief' one was shot just after i got the 5DII... the only lighting elements in that video are the streetlight you can see in the very wide shot with the jeep, and the headlights of the jeep. actually everything is pretty much shot just with available light in these. it's pretty amazing what you can accomplish with the new breed of DSLRs.

thanks!

they're all shot by just me and eric (the guy that's in all the other vids). just a couple of 5DIIs and a few reflectors. the 'burning grief' one was shot just after i got the 5DII... the only lighting elements in that video are the streetlight you can see in the very wide shot with the jeep, and the headlights of the jeep. actually everything is pretty much shot just with available light in these. it's pretty amazing what you can accomplish with the new breed of DSLRs.

Wow, it looks fantastic. Video editing was actually what got me into music production in the first place, so you could consider it my first love. I've done a few videos with borrowed XL1s about 6-7 years ago, but technology has increased tremendously for the consumer market. I could never get quality like that from a stock Canon XL1, not to mention yours is designed for photography and the XL1 is designed for video!

That said, did you use any special lenses? And what do you use for video editing? I started off on Adobe Premiere 5.1, and then switched to Final Cut in high school, but now I don't have any video cards or equipment. Seeing what you can do with consumer cameras now really makes me want to get back into video. :happy:

oh man, definitely get back into it. i was giving up on the whole digital cinematic thing because i could never achieve the look i wanted with things like the XL1 or even the HVX with a DOF adapter... the 5DIIs changed all that. the lenses are a bit special, but nothing expensive... i shoot with vintage Pentax Takumar lenses (the most expensive of them being an 85mm 1.9 that's about $400 these days.) it's a subtle difference but it's tangible... really smooths out the feel. i've also been shooting with an anamorphic adapter lately, and that can add another factor of 10 to the cinematic vibe.

final cut is still what i'm on for now... jury's still out on X... they seem to be fixing stuff, but i think it might be too late.

c

Archived