IGNORED

the campfire headphase, boc, and seasons

YEK

^ *yawn*.

you talk absolute rubbish, max. your opinion means nothing (to me), and it's wrong anyway.

you will be going on ignore now... i don't have time to read about your campfire headphase boner all the time,

and all the rest of the rubbish you post. i sincerely hope you end up getting banned, voluntarily or not, like your pal in campfire headphase love, karmakramer.

also, stop sending me private messages you goon!

go away, grow some hair on your balls and lose your virginity, for all of our sakes.

good bye.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just listening to it today in the rain it really worked well for me. i'm not much in agreement about what they said about it being a summer road trip soundtrack i never really was but i was unsure about it in general. i mean i like it but i didn't understand it as a whole or something

juss sayin,it works way better in the fall.

i'd like to hear a boc album that is a real summer album. i think a lot of boc is fall, spring listening, a few winterish tracks. if there is one release that is the most summer to me it would iabpoitc. thoughts?

listening to trans canada highway again, this feels very summery to me, more than anythign else.

IABPOITC still feels more like winter to me though. same with MHTRTC.

i'm gonna dig out Twoism in a bit and give that a spin again... 'cos i can't really remember what that sounds like too well.

man i hope they drop at least a new EP SOON!! i mean why no EP, even!?? ..in 6 years! :S *very odd*

anyway...

stop sending you private messages? lol crazy.

you know you have. and Joyrex is welcome to check. now stfu child.

I thought you ignored him.

it's done. you can still click on a lil' link tho to see what somebody says, if you want.

anyway, back on topic!...

PS: i respect your opinion that you like the previus albums better than tch. its your own opinion and thats all there is to it. but i will fight you in real life and we will see whose opinion is right.

You been on the local firewater MM?

I respect both Sirch and Jules opinion, but unlike you I have no wish to 'fight them in real life'. LoL

I got my toes dipped in the BoC cult, but fighting and savage acts of violence? Just no need!

anyways for those in the northern hemisphere that are now experiencing fall, try playing headphase in the rain. just try it. :closedeyes:

i'll give it a go...

thanks for the recommendation, to try it in the fall/rain i mean. cheers :smile:

sounds good all year long? i hear aspects reminiscent of each season in all of their tracks. what you identify their music with is subjective, and trying to pin it down to one single season/moment in time is nonsense. no one will ever know quite what they were channeling when they wrote this stuff, so you just gotta enjoy it with whatever you're experiencing at the time you're listening to it, and naturally you'll find that certain aspects of what you're experiencing synchronize with what you're hearing.

so the campfire headphase, and all boc for that matter, just reminds me of human EXPERIENCE and all the sychronicities contained therein.

I think BOC is fine in autumn, as long as it's sunny. I have listened to it while it was raining this year, and it wasn't for me. But Hi Scores/Turquoise Hexagon Sun are fantastic in the rain. And the In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country EP.

I think BOC is fine in autumn, as long as it's sunny. I have listened to it while it was raining this year, and it wasn't for me.

lol. sorry, i have to say, this is stupid. and music is music, any time.

who gives a fuck what the weather is like when you're listening to it!

c'mon now peeps!... this is a bit daft.

no offence to yek, tho., who's cool. :) and i do get what he was saying at the start of this thread. i get that you had a moment in the rain and it was a good experience, and different.

but saying the above ^ just seems really silly to me. hope that makes sense.

I think BOC is fine in autumn, as long as it's sunny. I have listened to it while it was raining this year, and it wasn't for me.

no offence to yek, tho., who's cool. :) and i do get what he was saying at the start of this thread. i get that you had a moment in the rain and it was a good experience, and different.

indeed

i had a nice day at home working around the house and spending quality time with the wife and kid. in the afternoon we had a nice fire going, a crisp autumn day and the campfire headphase all the way through macquarie ride. it was gorgeous. i can not understand how any boc fan could not love it. i respect your opinion certainly sirch, but the record is beautiful and and wonderful listen. maybe because it is much more laid back than the others? is that what you don't like? anyway, this thread rekindled my appreciation for the album and the setting today was perfect for it. farewell fire with a fire crackling? come on!

IABPOITC is the most winterish album by far, imo. nothing like having a refreshing winter cigarette standing outside watching snow falling with that playing in your headphones. It much more "glacial" sounding than TransCH.

Lol. Sorry, I have to say, this is stupid.

Pretty simple concept, sirch. The weather affects people's moods. People can crave certain music based on the mood they're in. So, I don't crave Campfire Headphase when it is cold and rainy. I enjoy it when it's summery.

Pretty simple concept, sirch. The weather affects people's moods. People can crave certain music based on the mood they're in. So, I don't crave Campfire Headphase when it is cold and rainy. I enjoy it when it's summery.

it's just the way you said that (in bold above), made me laugh.

i get what you're saying tho.

and i of course know that weather effects moods, as does music. but wanting to listen to something just because it's raining, i don't really get/agree with. same goes for wanting to listen to something when it's sunny, or only ever getting an album/certain track out to listen to in the summer... doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. but in some ways it does... and i get what you're meaning, but i guess it's not really something i'd do myself, personally.

different strokes for different folks, tho.

i like music anytime. :)

I'm with murve on this one, there are certain things I listen to specifically with the weather. grouper's dragging a dead deer album for example is only for rainy days.

it's just the way you said that (in bold above), made me laugh.

i get what you're saying tho.

and i of course know that weather effects moods, as does music. but wanting to listen to something just because it's raining, i don't really get/agree with. same goes for wanting to listen to something when it's sunny, or only ever getting an album/certain track out to listen to in the summer... doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. but in some ways it does... and i get what you're meaning, but i guess it's not really something i'd do myself, personally.

different strokes for different folks, tho.

i like music anytime. :)

Lol, I think I typed that first comment when I was high, I must've accidentally bolded it, or it made sense to bold it at the time.

Jules' last post sums it up.

whats some good rainy day music? personallity i like the new panda bear album a lot, and stuff like tim hecker and loscil, and mum and efterklang

and tunng is really good for the fall and winter

hm waht else

those are the main ones that come to mind that have really suited rainydays

bib

Archived