IGNORED

GTAV

Guest Gary C

Are any of the more recent GTA games available for mac OSX or just windows?

All the GTAs are available for Windows.

GTA 3 and GTA SA are also available for Mac on Steam. Don't know about Vice City though?

Vice City is definitely available for Mac, I have it in my Steam list.

http://kotaku.com/5961458/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-removed-from-steam-over-music-licensing

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GTA 3 and GTA SA are also available for Mac on Steam. Don't know about Vice City though?

http://kotaku.com/5961458/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-removed-from-steam-over-music-licensing

yeah I saw about that the other day, they can't remove it if you've already bought it though

ok so i just got into playing GTA SAn Andreas and GTAIV on my mac, however i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong in regards to mods and previously saved games i've downloaded on the net. I followed 3 different youtube tutorials and i'm getting zero results. anyone have a good guaranteed way to get say the GTAIV 'god mode' mod working on mac osx?

http://kotaku.com/59...music-licensing

yeah I saw about that the other day, they can't remove it if you've already bought it though

No, but it might explain why I couldn't find it.

does it have cops and crooks mode on the multiplayer bit?

It was very popular mode in GTA IV. So I think it will be in GTA V, no doubt.

Turf War was also a fun mode, you had to fight over territories on the map, something I normally don't enjoy in multiplayer games. But it was fun because of how open ended it was, and the fact you could just at any time hop into whatever vehicle you wanted. The Lost and Damned DLC also had some very fun multiplayer modes, there was a mode called Club Business, which I quite enjoyed. Hope GTA V will have something similar.

And it will most likely also have some co-op (not campaign) heist missions. Just speculating of course, there hasn't been any info on the multiplayer as far as I know. but I imagine that, being quite fun in a open world game. The Kane & Lynch games had something like that, it wasn't so great. But it's a great idea for a multiplayer/co-op game mode. So if Rockstar could make it better than they did in Kane & Lynch (which shouldn't be that hard), I'm going to be totally hooked on it. Maybe something where you have escape out of town, or through the subway like that GTA IV single player bank robbing mission.

But my enjoyment of the multiplayer, will probably depend on how much the controls has improved.

I played some GTA IV multiplayer last week. I forgot how many fun multiplayer modes that game has. Online popularity on PC seems to have spiked back up with all this GTA V hype as well. The shooting is really shit though. Maybe because the hit detection seems so lag sensitive or maybe I suck and there's a trick to it, but sometimes I have to empty 2 magazines on a guy to kill him, while he can kill me on full armor with a single bullet through the windshield. It's pretty much impossible to survive against some of those guys online.

I was excited before, but that Game Informer talk brought up some very exciting features. On the fly switching of characters so you can play different roles while still staying in character sounds amazing. It will be very interesting to see what the characters will do when you hand over control back to the AI, both in missions and free roam. So much opportunity to do really innovative storytelling.

I guess you'll just have to wait then, dawg.

the PC version would likely be a bug-ridden console port anyway, like every other PC version of their game has been so far. Which is disappointing, because they make games that I want to play, but I have to persevere with relentless crashes time and time again.

At this point I'd like nobody to talk any more about console and pc comparison, to save 3 pages of fucking boring discussion.

Thanks and regards,

Obel

(Unofficial admin of video game thread)

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Ha, I gotta say, I was really wanting to play GTA5 on the pc I'm upgrading this spring for !Oculus Rift!...

I've been playing Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 on 360 lately, so I'm definitely not a console hater. I just know that PC has the potential to be a dramatically more amazing experience.

Archived