IGNORED

NEWS FLASH: dates for Bloc.2012

Guest BLOCwknd

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was up for Bloc this year after missing out on tickets last year. I'm not so sure now. Although I could go home and then come back after the first night, I wouldn't wanna do it like that. As someone previously said, it's £50 a day/night. I just dunno.

Sonar is already booked up for this year. They don't let you down.

Jeff mills is playing here in 2 weeks.

25 fucking quid though.

is that for 2 days?

Ha, its 3 hours. decent enough

you should spend the £25 on the gig ticket, and the other £74 on some Cake, so that the 3 hours feels like 10 months. unless you're concerned about being triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop.

Jeff mills is playing here in 2 weeks.

25 fucking quid though.

is that for 2 days?

Ha, its 3 hours. decent enough

you should spend the £25 on the gig ticket, and the other £74 on some Cake, so that the 3 hours feels like 10 months. unless you're concerned about being triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop.

Ill probably go.Automatic tasty is a free gig the week after, bargin

Lineup is a bit meh actually, especially when considering

1. how much it costs for entrance

2. how much it'd cost to get accommodation for the 2 days (that's even if you can find accommodation so close to the olympics)

3. how much it'd cost to travel there in the first place (unless you're already dahn sarf, of course)

Also, wtf. Gary Numan? at BLOC? I rate Gary Numan, but come on...not the right setting. Battles lol.

2. how much it'd cost to get accommodation for the 2 days (that's even if you can find accommodation so close to the olympics)

3. how much it'd cost to travel there in the first place (unless you're already dahn sarf, of course)

Also, wtf. Gary Numan? at BLOC? I rate Gary Numan, but come on...not the right setting. Battles lol.

99 pounds is not a lot of money for someone that doesn't live in the 3rd world...

edit: travel is a lot of money, though, but you can't really blame bloc for that..

99 pounds is not a lot of money for someone that doesn't live in the 3rd world...

edit: travel is a lot of money, though, but you can't really blame bloc for that..

I guess I'm outspokenly butthurt.

BLOC is ruined :( I want my BLOC back.

You can blame BLOC for the accommodation issue. What was wrong with Butlins? I thought they were moving it to make it bigger, putting it in London is the opposite of what I would have done. Theres fucking plenty of people in London already.

You can blame BLOC for the accommodation issue. What was wrong with Butlins? I thought they were moving it to make it bigger, putting it in London is the opposite of what I would have done. Theres fucking plenty of people in London already.

i'm guessing that Butlins told the organisers to fuck off, after having enough of the shenanigans. No excuse for claiming that 2012 would be 'bigger and better' than Minehead.

I thought the festival was pretty mild mannered.

I mean there was lost of drugs but there was no violence.

If that were a festival over here, I guarantee at least 6 stabbings.

i reckon that the unauthorised soundsystems might have pushed a bit too far...both years i went, i saw people wheeling in their own sound systems into chalets. and i'm not talking small boomboxes either.

I manged to see Battles live here in Houston for 15 Bucks.

And Plaid for $30 where only 15 people max attended.

You guys are so lucky to have that kind of scene/line up. People go all hoopla for Skrilex and Deadmou5 or whatever their names are here.

I was up for it more when I thought it was gonna be where it was last year. Heard a lot of good things about it. I had some money put aside for when the chalets were released but now, it's gonna be a lot cheaper for me.

Maybe not as big or as good as Minehead but the first line-up release is very good for me.

Archived