IGNORED

Lemur for iPad

kcinsu

I was just gonna post about this.

Can only one confirm that it runs okay on an iPad1?

Also whats the price?

(if this is in the video on the site, I can't see it from work)

oh hell yeah!

I was just gonna post about this.

Can only one confirm that it runs okay on an iPad1?

Also whats the price?

(if this is in the video on the site, I can't see it from work)

says it's $50, but if you order before jan 5th they'll give you a 50% rebate.

My guess is that they are going to make a fuck load of money off of this. Anyone who will pay 500-800 dollars on an iPad, and makes music, will not blink to pay $50 for this app... it's already a coveted piece of software that a lot of electronic music makers know about, and it has a huge user library. If only 1000 people download this, that's $50,000. Yeah.

I knew this day would come... I even said in early discussions about the ipad that jazzmutant would be complete idiots not to do this. They probably knew that from day 1 as well.

Anyways... very happy. Can't wait for school to be over... holding off on this, so I don't fail my classes in favor of template building.

I have an iPad... and I find using it to make music is rubbish, touching nothing but glass and sliding yer fingers up and down with no feedback is pants (and u look like a total fanny). But.. this app does look like fun for experimenting with midi triggering since they have like a million patches. Plenty of time to be wasted effin around with fooking patches. Anyway.. I will have a hacked copy to add to all the other shit I do not use on the iPad.

my only reserve about this is that no matter how exotic it is running several controllers down a singal midi cable will be a limited and being hardware based is it really worth getting rid of the cme bitstream?

i doubt wifi vst heads should have this problem

im curious for someone (me) who's never used a Lemur what do they have on it that goes beyond just faders,knobs and buttons? I'm interested in the randomized sequencing aspects like that bouncing ball thing i see people use. What does it have in that department i guess is what im asking

edit: i forgot the name of it but pirating software on the IPAD is ridiculously easy, almost cartoonishly so. They have cracked app store that gets brand new apps within the week they come out.

Guest RadarJammer

im curious for someone (me) who's never used a Lemur what do they have on it that goes beyond just faders,knobs and buttons? I'm interested in the randomized sequencing aspects like that bouncing ball thing i see people use. What does it have in that department i guess is what im asking

Stuff like this http://vimeo.com/6432705

He made a Reaktor version too http://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=userlibrary&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=10627

Guest ryanmcallister

I wish they'd make a PC/Mac version of their software. It's a very cool touch interface, but the modulation options with their physics engine alone are insane, and could just as easily be relevant to someone just wanting to control one piece of software with another.

Archived