IGNORED

Ron Paul climbs in the polls

awepittance

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, seriously though, I used to love the guy, but my enthusiasm has died down a bit.

Positive: Foreign policy actually maintains some semblance of sanity.

Negative: Hands-off free market philosophy would be incredibly dangerous in current economic and corporate climate. Progressive regulatory actions need to be taken to break up the monoliths...then try to implement a free market experiment.

it doesn't matter.

If Paul is principled and takes the states' rights position, a state that legalizes abortion does what it does and he shan't do a fucking thing about it regardless of personal value systems.

he's coherent. If i were american id vote for him. It's seems to be the first candidate i apporve. He's solid.

it doesn't matter.

If Paul is principled and takes the states' rights position, a state that legalizes abortion does what it does and he shan't do a fucking thing about it regardless of personal value systems.

He believes that abortion is wrong morally and personally, but, he also realizes the government cannot interfere federally. Only through states rights and personal liberty.

my guess is all this abortion talk is a ruse to gain moral credibility from the religious right.

if the guy seriously wants to federally mandate abortion laws, hes automatically out of my book as a viable candidate.

he's coherent. If i were american id vote for him. It's seems to be the first candidate i apporve. He's solid.

it doesn't matter.

He believes that abortion is wrong morally and personally, but, he also realizes the government cannot interfere federally. Only through states rights and personal liberty.

exactly....the question is whether he will actually back that up.....also consider him placing Supreme Court nominees to overturn Roe v. Wade.

if the guy seriously wants to federally mandate abortion laws, hes automatically out of my book as a viable candidate.

you mean within the republican paradigm?

i mean that if your whole platform is obeying the Constitution regardless of personal opinion, you better sure as shit not even hint at dealing with abortion on a federal level. Hands off means hands off. ...that's why I think these commercials are to make him more credible to the religious right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibe3Sd9wY58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFiwlHLfUs

i dont really like these 2 shows much, but they hit the nail on the head on the Fox News attempt to make Ron Paul disappear. First they ignored him now since he is actually 1st place in Iowa polls, the attacks are now full force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8EwKLAuSyw

Cenk makes some good points, some good bill clips in here

i know using the term 'shadow government' will discredit me in some people's eyes, but i think this video and ron paul downplaying is a great example of them coming out of the shadows a little too obviously. The last time i felt this way about the invisble hand becoming visible was when every credit card company , big bank, amazon and paypal all collectively tried to stop Wikleaks from receiving donations

usually this behind the scenes element has excluded people from the race by simply phasing them out of the debates, this time around they didnt do it. Kucinich and Gravel were quietly phased out of the 2008 presidential debates, i guess it's too late now for them to do the same to Paul

(im not a mod so this was a half assed thread cleanup/split attempt)

as I said in the other thread . . would vote for just to support someone intelligent & steady in his beliefs in office. However I am idealistically in favor of a strong benevolent federal government in some areas (economic/environmental regulation, worker's rights, for example) and am afraid his anti-federal philosophy would split the US into smaller corrupt harder-to-control bodies.

Archived