IGNORED

Ron Paul climbs in the polls

awepittance

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we just abandon modern society, form nomadic tribes that travel around the world doing psychedelics and try to "figure ourselves out"?

but I still love technology

He's a man of principles, and I respect him for that.

Unfortunately, his principles are insane.

Let's talk about this. I took this position until I found out more about him. I agree - but I think in the majority of cases he's saying he wouldn't let those principles affect us as citizens.

My main difference is that I support social programs. I think we should have some form of healthcare, good public schools across the country, etc. I also think we need federal bodies to enforce workers' rights and economic/environmental constraints on corporations.

However, I'm starting to think he would do more good than harm in office. Who knows.

also, I really don't want more drilling for oil, and I really really don't want states to be able to criminalize abortion

/: I wish I could vote for anyone with a clean conscience

:cerious:

Paul comes from a paleo conservative faction of the libertarian movement. He does not represent at least in my understanding the most common forms of it. It can all be traced back to a strange proto Alex Jones proto William Cooper movement called the John Birch society. They were popular around the time of Dr Strangelove, and the reference General JAck Ripper makes about Fluoride being a commie plot is directly a parody of them. edit: It= this paleo conservative wing of the libertarian movement

if the guy seriously wants to federally mandate abortion laws, hes automatically out of my book as a viable candidate.

you mean within the republican paradigm?

ron paul smacks a bitch down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8bPfzIF8Qg&feature=related

Damn american tv is stupid

From what I've heard of Paul, he always comes across logical, even in his more extreme views (abortion/drugs/etc), I don't follow U.S politics that close, but he doesn't sound like he'd have bilderberg type of support(?). Who's backing him financially?

Given the information posted here:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/CIDsummary.php?CID=n00005906&year=2010

I'd guess all kinds of corporations which are in natural resources will financially back his campaign. Apart from all the stuff that's dug up from under the ground the food industry would back him as well, I guess. In short, the past century industries will be fond of his libertarian approach to running a country.

The hall of shame:

PERSONAL FINANCES

Search Results

Search criteria:

Name Value Randy Neugebauer (R-Texas) $350,002 to $750,000 Kenny Marchant (R-Texas) $58,869 Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) $30,002 to $100,000 Phil Roe (R-Tenn) $21,602 F. James Sensenbrenner Jr (R-Wis) $16,816 John Boehner (R-Ohio) $15,001 to $50,000 Vernon Buchanan (R-Fla) $15,001 to $50,000 Jane Harman (D-Calif) $15,001 to $50,000 Eric Cantor (R-Va) $15,001 to $50,000 George S. Lemieux (R-Fla) $15,001 to $50,000 William M. Daley $15,001 to $50,000 Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn) $8,408 Jack Kingston (R-Ga) $8,239 Richard A. Berg (R-ND) $3,026 Kay R. Hagan (D-NC) $2,002 to $32,000 Hal Rogers (R-Ky) $1,389 Jon L. Kyl (R-Ariz) $1,177 Jeff Bingaman (D-NM) $1,001 to $15,000 Paul Ryan (R-Wis) $1,001 to $15,000 Fred Upton (R-Mich) $1,001 to $15,000 Steven R. Rothman (D-NJ) $1,001 to $15,000 Gary Peters (D-Mich) $1,001 to $15,000 Larry D. Bucshon (R-Ind) $1,001 to $15,000 Mark Warner (D-Va) N/A to $1,000 Mike Pompeo (R-Kan) N/A Nan Hayworth (R-NY) N/A David Vitter (R-La) N/A to $1,000 Jim Langevin (D-RI) N/A Claire McCaskill (D-Mo) N/A to $1,000 Ben Nelson (D-Neb) N/A to $1,000

Boehner, Cantor, Ryan...surprise surprise

From what I've heard of Paul, he always comes across logical, even in his more extreme views (abortion/drugs/etc),

Bollocks. The man's as crazy and bigoted as any other rightwinger - he just doesn't have the money or the media behind him. He's a racist, homophobic, nasty piece of work (http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/98883/ron-paul-incendiary-newsletters-exclusive). And libertarians are one of thickest, most moon-dwelling fringe groups in politics. As if there's any such thing as "anarcho-capitalism." They'd trample over your freedoms and rights in a second if they could make a profit.

From what I've heard of Paul, he always comes across logical, even in his more extreme views (abortion/drugs/etc),

Bollocks. The man's as crazy and bigoted as any other rightwinger - he just doesn't have the money or the media behind him. He's a racist, homophobic, nasty piece of work (http://www.tnr.com/a...tters-exclusive). And libertarians are one of thickest, most moon-dwelling fringe groups in politics. As if there's any such thing as "anarcho-capitalism." They'd trample over your freedoms and rights in a second if they could make a profit.

dese manz hatin..

I just think it's ridiculous how many people fall head over heels for Ron Paul just because he's a stupid hateful idiot but in a different way.

Archived