IGNORED

Ron Paul climbs in the polls

awepittance

i love that guys laugh.

and Josh, the far-right extremism has controlled public opinion and debate since the 1980's. Centrists and liberals (shit, even legitimate conservatives) haven't been able to successfully combat this new populism.

wow...Napolitano actually said something decent.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love that guys laugh.

and Josh, the far-right extremism has controlled public opinion and debate since the 1980's. Centrists and liberals (shit, even legitimate conservatives) haven't been able to successfully combat this new populism.

wow...Napolitano actually said something decent.

I agree, I was just having a really bad thinking-too-much-about-reality rant. I don't think Reagan or even Bush I could get nominated of they ran now. Same about Napolitano, haven't really been impressed by him in the past but that was a pretty blunt and honest video. Must suck to have the same name as the Secretary of Homeland Security

SEN. RAND PAUL DETAINED BY TSA

Reports The Daily Caller:

Texas Congressman and current Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul – Sen. Rand Paul’s father – placed a post on Facebook about the news as well. “My son Rand is currently being detained by the TSA at the Nashville Airport,” Ron Paul posted. “I’ll share more details as the situation unfolds.”

Ron Paul adds, via Twitter, that the TSA detained his son “for refusing full body pat-down after anomaly in body scanner.”

Sen. Rand Paul’s Facebook page has a post about the incident too. “Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA,” Sen. Rand Paul’s Facebook post reads. “We will update you as the situation develops.”

lol

SEN. RAND PAUL DETAINED BY TSA

Reports The Daily Caller:

Texas Congressman and current Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul – Sen. Rand Paul’s father – placed a post on Facebook about the news as well. “My son Rand is currently being detained by the TSA at the Nashville Airport,” Ron Paul posted. “I’ll share more details as the situation unfolds.”

Ron Paul adds, via Twitter, that the TSA detained his son “for refusing full body pat-down after anomaly in body scanner.”

Sen. Rand Paul’s Facebook page has a post about the incident too. “Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA,” Sen. Rand Paul’s Facebook post reads. “We will update you as the situation develops.”

lol

More info - there was an "anomaly" in Rand's initial body scan, so my son requested to be scanned a second time. TSA demanded a full body pat down and Rand refused. via Ron Paul's FB

im willing to bet the news is going to discount this as a desperate publicity stunt.

agreed, though FOX is usually kinder to Rand b/c of his constituents, more hands open social conservatism, and because his name is Rand

im willing to bet the news is going to discount this as a desperate publicity stunt.

it probably is!

totally, he should be flying private jets, or even better, government aircraft, like every other congressperson, so they don't have to deal with this like everyone else!

I know he's a tea party asshat but I won't condone the fucking TSA either

one of the funniest things i've read all day, is that Drudgereport.com has that featured as the main story... going to the comments section for the article it links to.

several top comments say things like

"The TSA has no right to feel up everybody that walks through the security check, THIS IS WHY we need Profiling"

it's like woaah, way to knee jerk between both partisan extremes until all of our civil liberties are completely gone.

one of the funniest things i've read all day, is that Drudgereport.com has that featured as the main story... going to the comments section for the article it links to.

several top comments say things like

"The TSA has no right to feel up everybody that walks through the security check, THIS IS WHY we need Profiling"

it's like woaah, way to knee jerk between both partisan extremes until all of our civil liberties are completely gone.

The Tea Party: caring about the constitutional rights of white American conservatives since that black guy got elected. I remember when the first "Tea Party" rally in Austin back in early 2009 involved Alex Jones fans, anti-tax and anti-war activists, local libertarians and then a handful of off-work retiree GOP types. A year later and it was a fucking Evangelical Christian rally with co-opted symbols. In 2011 it coincided with an effort to get the Republican Speaker of the Texas House out of office, because he was Jewish and therefore not conservative enough. woot.

sptea.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

so how is he doing lately, all I've read is that the 1st place in all the different caucuses or whatever they are keeps going back and forth between candidates, has Paul been getting consistent second and third places? if so, wouldn't that put him in kindof in the lead? I ask because news that I read or hear usually don't include his name.

What a lot of people need to account for is that the Republican Convention can still refuse to nominate a candidate if he wins the majority of the primaries. This doesn't happen often, but it happened to Teddy Roosevelt, someone who had an incredibly progressive campaign and therefore pissed off old-school Tamany Hall Repubs.

Paul could hypothetically win everything from here on out and still not be picked as the Rep. nominee.

edit: I bring this up because the old school entrenched establishment Republicans will almost certainly throw their weight around to ensure Paul doesn't receive the nomination under any circumstances, and if you pay attention to the polls, most Repubs are reacting as expected in a positive manner towards all the anti-Paul agitprop. If Paul was to win enough to receive the nom and the convention denied him in place of Romney or Santorum, Im thinking few Republican voters will feign rage over the decision.

Archived