IGNORED

Ron Paul climbs in the polls

awepittance

Guest analogue wings

if theres one admin i would abhor more than the Obama administration, its definitely a Santorum admin. Paul is batshit crazy? All you non-Yanks need to look this guy up and despair if he ever even comes close to the Oval Office.

:closedeyes:

You think REAGAN was crazy? Check out GW BUSH! Despair if he ever even comes close to the Oval Office.

You think GW BUSH was crazy? Check out SARAH PALIN! Despair if she ever even comes close to the Oval Office.

You think SARAH PALIN was crazy? Check out MICHELLE BACHMANN! Despair if she ever even comes close to the Oval Office.

You think MICHELLE BACHMANN was crazy? Check out RON PAUL! Despair if he ever even comes close to the Oval Office.

non-Yanks here - if you Yanks ever feel like breaking the cycle just call us OK?

thanks. how's post Thatcher Britain and most other western societies?

Fucking great all things considered. We call it the "first world". Come and visit some time.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

santorum mentioned 20 times in the last 10 minutes on msnbc, paul mentioned zero

You should watch the BBC coverage, you'd be a lot happier.

that's how I am with just about every current event

no thats wisconsin

iowa is currently knee deep in santorum

ha

:cisfor:

Jesse Ventura is an interesting guy, I think. However he's probably as liable to die as Paul, at this point, given the typical rapid deterioration of pro-wrestler types after a lifetime of abuse...

I probably need a link to something controversial he did, but I actually think he was a reasonable governor. He's a conspiracy-theory hobbyist but that's way less scary than your average GOPer whose ideals and decisions are driven by select irrational readings of an archaic religious text. Or money. Or both.

Guest disparaissant

Yeah I was just reading an article talking about how savage's santorum site has like 13k links whereas santorums personal site only has 5k.

So baiscally, Santorum has no chance of NOT being associated with that on Google. Unless he ponies up 5 mil to a pro-lgbt group. Then savage will hand over the URL, ho ho ho.

Guest theSun

if theres one admin i would abhor more than the Obama administration, its definitely a Santorum admin. Paul is batshit crazy? All you non-Yanks need to look this guy up and despair if he ever even comes close to the Oval Office.

:closedeyes:

You think REAGAN was crazy? Check out GW BUSH! Despair if he ever even comes close to the Oval Office.

You think GW BUSH was crazy? Check out SARAH PALIN! Despair if she ever even comes close to the Oval Office.

You think SARAH PALIN was crazy? Check out MICHELLE BACHMANN! Despair if she ever even comes close to the Oval Office.

You think MICHELLE BACHMANN was crazy? Check out RON PAUL! Despair if he ever even comes close to the Oval Office.

non-Yanks here - if you Yanks ever feel like breaking the cycle just call us OK?

palin was dangerously close but not bachmann. with every election, you can't imagine any of the candidates deserving any sort of public office. these are supposedly our best and brightest that are running the country.

just a shitfest. fuck

Rick Perry coming home to "asses" his campaign. Bachmann's probably gonna drop out too.

Fuck Iowa and middle-American ignorance, @1:20ish: http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/main-street-usa-what-matters-to-iowa-voters/6qctdyq?cpkey=93071981-cd8b-4f68-9899-2668ee52a49a%7C%7C%7C%7C The Hispanic guy brings up a good point (naive though, Perry's more "moderate" stance on immigration is mostly a front. He has to be in Texas after all)

This is gonna sound odd and I'll probably get shit for it, but I'm bummed Santorum is ranked way higher than Bachmann. She's like that stay at home mom of a friend who is sincerely nice but is also a batshit parent who appears at PTA meetings and rants about the moral panic of the week. He's like the goody-two shoes religious family man who creeps the fuck out people and secretly has sick, possibly illegal, sexual perversions and/or bodies in his basement. Woot Iowa.

Santorum is crazy and creepy too. He and his wife brought their dead miscarried baby home to be introduced to the rest of the family. I am sure that if Santorum gets more momentum, they will find more dirt on him and he'll falter. The establishment has already decided on Romney for the presidential nomination, but until then it will be fun to see how the GOP continues to tear itself apart over dumb issues.

Santorum is crazy and creepy too. He and his wife brought their dead miscarried baby home to be introduced to the rest of the family.

Oh yeah, that. Did he also take pictures and then post those on vimeo? I understand when couples in that situation spend time with a baby, maybe their older children too, in those circumstances of miscarriage and such. I don't get it, but its an emotional, primal reaction of sorts and you can do so in a dignified manner. Personally I'm more familiar with parents spending time with an infant that will die within hours and days, and taking pictures as part of some grieving process. Sharing it in an activist manner is just uncalled for.

rick-sanctorum.jpg

:cerious:

Guest umop_apisdn

If Santorum wants Americans to look like his family...

FUCK

THAT

SHIT

I'm just hoping all of this republican mess of swaying all over the place of who to follow means they haven't got enough traction to get a hold on the election. But it was just a caucas and I guess as time goes on I give more and more attention to this bullshit.

I'd want to see what kind of country the different crazies would create if they had the chance. Be it evangelicals, lolbertarians or ultra-conservatives. I'd especially like to see a country that is run by complete laissez-faire capitalism.

I'd especially like to see a country that is run by complete laissez-faire capitalism.

try regency england before the middle classes started campaigning for reforms. Then again, the end game of capitalism is one total monopoly, so that period had too many business rules (red tape).

I'd want to see what kind of country the different crazies would create if they had the chance. Be it evangelicals, lolbertarians or ultra-conservatives. I'd especially like to see a country that is run by complete laissez-faire capitalism.

Somalia.

They haven't had a central government since 1991. Mogadishu has been in perpetual civil war. Various quasi-governments exist in different regions. Customary law called Xeer is utilized everywhere. Much of the south is controlled by the Islamic group Al-Shabaab. Despite all of this Mogadishu has dozens of stable food processing and light manufacturing plants and the nation has one of the best telecommunications networks in the continent. They're not doing great, but it's better than many other countries in Africa not considered "failed states."

:cerious:

I don't see any of such quasi-stability out of anarchy hypothetically panning out in the United States. Fat, red-blooded American right-wingers like fatty foods, lazy appliances, and promised social security checks too much to actually function as individuals.

Archived