IGNORED

SOPA - Stop Online Piracy Act

Rubin Farr

It's inevitable that legislation like this will be passed unless something seriously changes within the entertainment industry.

Or if Google, Facebook, Wiki, and Microsoft get out the big guns.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's inevitable that legislation like this will be passed unless something seriously changes within the entertainment industry.

Have you read Google's new privacy policy??

If you’re signed into Google, we can do things like suggest search queries – or tailor your search results – based on the interests you’ve expressed in Google+, Gmail, and YouTube

lol

I know. Facebook is also a major offender in terms of privacy.

However, the issue is not privacy. The issue is copyright law and how politicians are using it to extend their power over the Internet.

If you’re signed into Google, we can do things like suggest search queries – or tailor your search results – based on the interests you’ve expressed in Google+, Gmail, and YouTube

lol

it's not different than their previous policy, only that the use the info cross sites.

lol

didn't google start offering an "opt out" from those personal search results with their new "hide/show personal results" buttons ?

• 2 months later...

To provide for the sharing of certain cyber threat intelligence and cyber threat information between the intelligence community and cybersecurity entities, and for other purposes. – H.R. 3523

Right...

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

It's inevitable that legislation like this will be passed

I've been telling people that this shit will go down for like 6 years, most nerdie birdies thought the internet would forever reign in freedom, crackaz love to live in denial I guess

It's inevitable that legislation like this will be passed

I've been telling people that this shit will go down for like 6 years, most nerdie birdies thought the internet would forever reign in freedom, crackaz love to live in denial I guess

This shit is going to happen only if we let it happen.

With that mentality we might as well bend over and let the Government fuck us in the ass 24/7.

Archived